can anyone help my hands are getting sore from my cotton strings
mcavar
Advanced
mcavar
4 years, 1 month ago by mcavar
My hands have been getting red and swollen from tying strings so much does anyone have any tips to stop that
plant-dad
Bracelet King
plant-dad
4 years, 1 month ago by plant-dad
you could try rubbing lotion or coconut oil on them. this helps when i start getting blisters and callouses. you can do that once or twice a day. other than that, you can take breaks from knotting for a couple of days. hope that helped! 😊
Beginner
Bracelet King
Beginner
4 years, 1 month ago by Beginner
This might help, I don't know, maybe you should try wearing a jacket with thumb holes, and possibly fingerless gloves (if they are leather, or just not fuzzy & stuff(\)
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 1 month ago by Margaron
Definitely hand-cream and pace yourself for a while until your fingers adjust!
gerbil
Professional
gerbil
4 years, 1 month ago by gerbil
I knot so I get a bad cut I on my pointer finger. (not on purpose)What I would do would be take a piece of tape and some string you don’t need and make a band-aid. ( or just get a band-aid🤣) trust me it helps.
mcavar
Advanced
mcavar
gerbil
mcavar
Advanced
mcavar
Oops
mcavar
Advanced
mcavar
But thanks it helped a lot
Romy4
Bracelet King
Romy4
4 years ago by Romy4
I’ve been getting sore fingers cos I’ve been knitting so much lately as I don’t have much else to do in lockdown. Anyway I found that putting moisturiser or lotion on them just made them softer and easier to get sore so just pushing through and the parts that were sore have hardened and don’t hurt as much. Hope this helps 🙂
oddgymnast
Bracelet King
oddgymnast
4 years ago by oddgymnast
I have been having this same problem from the craft cord, I put bandages on my finger though it sorta messes up my process, I also started knitting how masha does it with the side of her finger instead of her tips!
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years ago by unicorns14
This happens so much to me too! I just use band aids and it helps a lot.
heyitszoya
Professional
heyitszoya
4 years ago by heyitszoya
everyone has great ideas! also, maybe try tying a little looser because you might be knotting a little too tight
LovelyLinx
Advanced
LovelyLinx
4 years ago by LovelyLinx
Maybe try running your hands under cold water or soaking them in a bowl of ice! 😉