blanket?
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
4 years, 1 month ago by taelor
I thought it might be cool to make a blanket like a friendship bracelet just on a larger scale and out of yarn. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if you have how’s the best way to do it?
miss_jessy
Bracelet King
miss_jessy
4 years, 1 month ago by miss_jessy
That sounds cool but complicated.Maybe double a large bracelet six times?
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
Yea I was thinking maybe pattern #28341
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
And then do it 5-6 times @miss_jessy
miss_jessy
Bracelet King
miss_jessy
4 years, 1 month ago by miss_jessy
I guess? maybe 7-8 times
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
The main thing I was wondering is how to work on it like where to secure it since it will be so many strings like would I just have to tape it to a table with a bunch of tape? Or any other suggestions? Also I was thinking starting it straight off but then do I just leave the string hanging off of the edges or is there a way to get rid of that?
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
Yea I just don’t know how thick 40 strands would be in yarn so I don’t know how many times yet and I don’t know what yarn I’ll use
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
I also don’t know when I would start it because I don’t know if I have enough yarn
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
Oops it’s 48 strings not 40
uwucorgi
Bracelet King
uwucorgi
4 years, 1 month ago by uwucorgi
I have an idea for that!! use chunkier yarn, and start your bracelet flat. When youre done, you can tie sections off like in other blantets!
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
@uwucorgi so like leave some string at the ends and then make it kinda like the crocheted blankets with tassels? Do I just tape it to a table since it will be too big to use like a clipboard or something? Thanks
uwucorgi
Bracelet King
uwucorgi
@taelor yeah!! And I’d say use a clipboard to prevent any of the yarn being damaged
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
Ok thanks!! @uwucorgi
uwucorgi
Bracelet King
uwucorgi
@talor no problem! I'm happy to help