Sell Bracelets
Beginner
Bracelet King
Beginner
4ย years, 1ย month ago by Beginner
I am considering selling bracelets. How do I do this? How do you do arm measurements, patterns etc. please give me tips and advice. Thank You! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜„ โค๏ธ
zero_knots
Professional
zero_knots
4ย years, 1ย month ago by zero_knots
I tend to base my prices around how many strings are in a bracelet, along with how complicated it is to do, with my normal pattern strings at .25 cents and my alpha strings at .35 cents.
For example a 10 string normal pattern would be $5, with the strings themselves being $2.50, with $250 for my effort. And with alpha patterns it would be the same thing, just with .35 cents per string.
For commissions its really the same thing, just with a 3-5 dollar fee for the customization stuff, and i would also recommend having set prices for things like candy stripes ($3), chevrons ($4), and Chinese staircases ($2).
I hope this helps! ๐Ÿ˜Š
zero_knots
Professional
zero_knots
I also forgot to mention that I mostly sell my bracelets in person, through friends and just with people at school, having an insta or etsy works better if you are planning to sell your stuff online, but for now I only have an insta which is mainly to share what i'm doing and give people a place to go when they want to see what kinds of bracelets i can do when they want to buy something from me.
Beginner
Bracelet King
Beginner
4ย years, 1ย month ago by Beginner
@zero_knots I like your technique. I got a $15 100pc string set and I make a bunch of bracelets for friends, no charge. I was thinking roughly $3 for pre-made bracelets, and $5 for customized, I was gonna do no alphas but that might change, do due possible skill increase. ๐Ÿ‘ I have no clue when this will be in place due to the chronavirus ๐Ÿ˜ญ hope you are feeling well ๐Ÿ™‚
zero_knots
Professional
zero_knots
@Beginner i think that's a great start, though i wouldn't recommend giving bracelets away unless its for really close friends and birthdays, i found it tends to make things a little more frustrating in the long run, especially when people think they're special for no reason, though personally it really just came down to experience ๐Ÿค”. I hope you're staying safe as well โค๏ธ