Selling and copyright???!
_daam13_
Advanced
_daam13_
4 years, 2 months ago by _daam13_
So I was thinking of making an Instagram account for selling bracelets, and I don't know if it's okay to do the patterns on this site and sell them (like not my actual creations) but obviously tagging the pattern number and crediting the user who created it and uploaded it here on the website. It's really confusing for me and I don't want problems with copyright or anything really, I don't know if anyone can help with this please, because I see a lot of people with Etsy shops and stuff... 🙁
Btw, while I would use the pattern I would also use different colors, so it might be a "variation"? 😕
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
I think that should be alright with copyright. But @Admin should know more.
_daam13_
Advanced
_daam13_
4 years, 1 month ago by _daam13_
Thank you, I'll wait for @Admin to answer then 🙁
kmonkey
Professional
kmonkey
4 years, 1 month ago by kmonkey
When you create a pattern, there is a box you tick that I think would eliminate this problem, that says that the pattern is not copyrighted or something like that, but definitely wait for a response from @Admin
Admin
Administrator
Admin
4 years, 1 month ago by Admin
Hello @_daam13_ @halokiwi @kmonkey. The copyrights for all the patterns on BraceletBook belong to the authors of the individual patterns. So I think you should do it on a per-pattern basis, and contact the authors before selling your bracelets.
_daam13_
Advanced
_daam13_
4 years, 1 month ago by _daam13_
Thank you very much all for helping and especially @Admin, I will do that! 🙂