Thread
KJC
Advanced
KJC
2 weeks, 1 day ago by KJC
Hey. Not sure this is the right place as I only just signed up. Been making bracelets off and on my whole life. But I was wondering about thread. I usually use DMC embroidery thread. It can be pricey though and also limiting in that the skein sizes are smaller than say a crochet thread or a pearl cotton floss. I’ve seen many different threads being used, but not sure which they are from pictures. But I was hoping to get some thoughts on preference. Do you switch it up depending on what you are doing? There is one thread I saw used in a post on BB’s Instagram that I would love to find, but no idea what it is or where to find it. It’s clearly not DMC embroidery thread. Looks hand dyed. Anyways, hello and thank you for any replies and info.
ningc98
Bracelet King
ningc98
2 weeks, 1 day ago by ningc98
i use loops and threads! it’s cheap (i got a pack of 36 skeins for $3), doesn’t break easily, the dye is water proof, and doesn’t fray. i got it at michael’s but its probably wherever you get art supplies in the yarn section. hope this helps! 😊
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
2 weeks, 1 day ago by fishyknots
I prefer DMC because of the feel and quality, but I used this for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3Q99NR?amp=undefined&crid=2PNI18NTY85TV&ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder_k4_1_11&sprefix=embroidery%2B&th=1

There's a lot of color variation and there are two of each skein, which is helpful. The feel varies from skein to skein, some are rougher than others; but it works fine.
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
2 weeks, 1 day ago by fishyknots
for black and white thread, I love this, it has a great feel: https://www.amazon.com/Peirich-Stranded-Friendship-Bracelets-Embroidery/dp/B07TTM3V1B/ref=pd_ci_mcx_mh_mcx_views_0?pd_rd_w=rjBZo&content-id=amzn1.sym.8b590b55-908d-4829-9f90-4c8752768e8b%3Aamzn1.symc.40e6a10e-cbc4-4fa5-81e3-4435ff64d03b&pf_rd_p=8b590b55-908d-4829-9f90-4c8752768e8b&pf_rd_r=K927D4693XGNVRTBTNW5&pd_rd_wg=WemIf&pd_rd_r=4c0fc6a6-5415-4503-80a3-57146e5b9a32&pd_rd_i=B07TTM3V1B

I don't have any of the above thread at the moment, so I use:

Loops and Threads has a pack of white, but it's quite rough.

I also have some black thread I use for normals (it doesn't really work with alphas, it's more of a craft cord feel). I *think* it's DMC Petra Size 5 but I lost the labeling : (

however, i think the first threads are the best out of the 3
goregirl
Skiller
goregirl
2 weeks, 1 day ago by goregirl
Love dmc because of their color range, not a huge fan of the prices. It’s best to use the same brand for any project so there’s no difference in the “thickness” of your thread. You can get cheap off brand embroidery thread on Amazon, Walmart, dollar stores etc as well.
goregirl
Skiller
goregirl
I like to save my embroidery thread, especially my DMC and other pricier brands for bigger pieces and alphas. For experiments and “easier” bracelets I use my cheap embroidery thread and craft cord (which is slightly cheaper than embroidery thread in general)
goregirl
Skiller
goregirl
Be warned though if you use craft cord it can break easier than if you were to use embroidery thread
KJC
Advanced
KJC
2 weeks ago by KJC
Thank you. I have used Loops and Threads. I do tend to use it when I’m just playing around or doing ones to randomly give away. When I want something special I stick to DMC because of the feel and look as well as the amount of colours. But I have used their Pearl cotton and it’s nice in its way too.
KJC
Advanced
KJC
2 weeks ago by KJC
I think the main thing I’m trying to find is some threads that I assume are custom or hang dyed that I saw used. If anyone has tips on that front. Thanks
Aicha-R
Professional
Aicha-R
3 days, 15 hours ago by Aicha-R
I use art studio from the range(if u live in the uk u will know) i swear it’s better then dmc thread and cheaper. The best thing about it is that it never ever ever ever broke on me and I’ve very heavy handed with bracelets
Aicha-R
Professional
Aicha-R
3 days, 15 hours ago by Aicha-R
It’s very cheap aswell I may add 🤞