how can we be better
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
2ย weeks, 3ย days ago by kpn
So I was thinking that we common users probably do stuff that's annoying or frustrating to the mods, is there anything we can do better for y'all, or start doing?
-jericho
Bracelet King
-jericho
2ย weeks, 3ย days ago by -jericho
Maybe I'm biased as someone who generally has an upbeat attitude on braceletbook, but I think that as a community we have GOT to stop the drama in the comments of bracelets. If some bracelet is offensive to you, just report it and move on. I've seen too many arguments in the comments of certain bracelets.
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
2ย weeks, 3ย days ago by kpn
@-jericho yes trueee
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
2ย weeks, 3ย days ago by KrazyKnotz
One thing that would really help us mods is just users reading and following the site's Review Guidelines. That would really help us out a lot! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Review guidelines
https://www.braceletbook.com/review-guidelines/
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
2ย weeks, 3ย days ago by Tikilishi
This is such a thoughtful forum topic @kpn! I really think that this is such a nice topic for discussion! ๐Ÿ˜„

If you don't mind me chiming in, I'll say that the best way to be good users is;

1) ๐˜ฝ๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š, especially when your content gets declined. Most of you are very nice, but every so often, we get users with a bit of an attitude, or we're yelled at and cursed at by unhappy users. Most times we have the stomach for it, but other times we don't, so being polite is best! And remember that declining content isn't personal, we try to follow the site rules as best as possible!

2) ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™œ๐™ช๐™ž๐™™๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ as well as the FAQ, especially if you're a new user. It can help you to avoid getting discouraged if you made something without realizing it wouldn't be accepted.

3) ๐˜ฝ๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™๐™›๐™ช๐™ก that we're just trying our best to do what's right for the site. I guess this is almost the same as the first one, lol.

4) ๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ช๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ and make them think that they're going to get banned. (You'd be surprised how often this happens!) We really try not to ban people often, and we usually give clear and abundant warnings first before doing anything. Likewise, nobody on here can "make you get banned." Users can report things and provide screenshots of things that happen, but it's not possible to "get" someone banned.

5) ๐˜ฝ๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™˜๐™š in the forum and comments, especially under sensitive patterns. You can freely say your opinion, but just remember to keep the feelings of your fellow humans in mind!

6) ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ก๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ, ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™ž๐™˜๐™–๐™—๐™ก๐™š ๐™ ๐™š๐™ฎ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™™๐™จ, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ก๐™ช๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™จ are three of the most common reasons things get declined, so being especially mindful of those can really help make the review process faster! Using the review notes is also very helpful for us when you communicate with us.

7) ๐™‹๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ง๐™ž๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ are some of the more time consuming things to review, because we compare each and every existing variation with the new colors picked. I encourage making variations of patterns that don't have a lot, because it gives those patterns a boost, and as a bonus for us, it's also a lot faster to go through less than 50 variations as opposed to 250, lol. New users commonly make variations of some of the top most popular patterns on the site, when there are other patterns that could benefit more from your chosen colors! Plus, we're a bit more strict with patterns that already have many variations already. We don't want to discourage people from making variations, though! So we consider every variation to every pattern, always! Just being a bit mindful of this process is just a nice way to be!

8) ๐™Ž๐’„๐™ง๐’†๐™š๐’๐™จ๐’‰๐™ค๐’•๐™จ ๐™–๐’“๐™š ๐™๐’†๐™ก๐’‘๐™›๐’–๐™ก when you report incidents that happen in private messages. We almost never ban people without some sort of proof, so being prepared to let us see screenshots in some way is super helpful for us to keep the site safe! (Even if you don't have screenshots though, it's good to report anyway!)

Most of you are super nice and already do all of these things regularly, which is really, really, great! We're super thankful that we have such awesome people that come together and make BraceletBook a fun place to be ๐Ÿ˜Š
ningc98
Bracelet King
ningc98
2ย weeks, 3ย days ago by ningc98
like @Tikilishi and @KrazyKnotz said, read the faqs and guidelines and review notes. if ppl would do that then the reviewing wouldnโ€™t take as much time, and no one will be complaining that itโ€™s taking too long or the decline is unfair. win win for everyone
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
2ย weeks, 3ย days ago by AlmaLlama
Thank you so much for explaining so in detail @Tikilishi! ๐Ÿ˜Š This is so helpful even for more "long-time" users on here! ๐Ÿ˜„ You mods make such a good job on BraceletBook and I hope we, users, can make your work easier in the near future! โค๏ธ (even if just a little bit ๐Ÿ˜œ)

(And sorry for using such an excessive amount of emojis ๐Ÿ™ˆ)
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
2ย weeks, 2ย days ago by Tikilishi
I'm glad you found it to be a useful and interesting read @AlmaLlama! Thank you for your kind words! It's so appreciated! ๐Ÿฅฐ
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
2ย weeks, 2ย days ago by Tikilishi
And I love emojis too! They're super helpful for communication! ๐Ÿฅฐ ๐Ÿค— โค
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
2ย weeks, 2ย days ago by kpn
@Tikilishi @KrazyKnotz thank you so much for the notes! ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿฉต
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
2ย weeks ago by Tikilishi