Is it just me or are you less likely to make something if it doesnt have any photos?
SadStraw
Skiller
SadStraw
3 months, 3 weeks ago by SadStraw
When I look at patterns I feel like I am more likely to put it in my to-do list if it has a picture of it made. Maybe it's because It lets me know if it looks good when its actually made or because it makes me less nervous about failing. Does anybody else do this?
tkd2010
Bracelet King
tkd2010
3 months, 3 weeks ago by tkd2010
i definitely do
tkd2010
Bracelet King
tkd2010
3 months, 3 weeks ago by tkd2010
i like to see the final product before starting
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
3 months, 3 weeks ago by Hylia224
For me, it depends. If I can kinda guess how it'll look, I don't worry about photos (and sometimes I do patterns BECAUSE they don't have photos) but the patterns with the gaps and stuff, I make sure it has a photo
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
3 months, 3 weeks ago by fishyknots
No, not really, unless it's a normal pattern.
Zaan_13
Bracelet King
Zaan_13
3 months, 3 weeks ago by Zaan_13
depends, if it's a more technical pattern e.g. the shaped ones then I'd definitely want to see a photo so I can follow along with a tutorial
But for classic alphas/normals I don't mind - sometimes it's nice to be the first person to upload a photo to a pattern bc in a way it shows appreciation!
Cow28
Bracelet King
Cow28
3 months, 3 weeks ago by Cow28
I totally agree but i enjoy making patterns that no one else has because it feels more original and that way others may be more likely too make it
Kayla517
Professional
Kayla517
3 months, 1 week ago by Kayla517
I learned how to read patterns before I knew this app existed so I don’t mind if I’m the first to upload, the pictures do help tho sometimes to see what colour choices look the best.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
No, it definitely does not discourage me, if there is no photo on a pattern yet.
I even think it is kind of cool to be the first to post a photo, because to the creator of the pattern it probably feels really nice that someone decided to make their pattern.
lynx123
Bracelet King
lynx123
3 months, 1 week ago by lynx123
I'm actually less likely to make something with photos, I always look at everyone's gorgeous bracelets and I'm like "I'll never be able to make that" so I don't
illusorymo
Professional
illusorymo
3 months, 1 week ago by illusorymo
I usually like making patterns that have photos because the little pixelated pattern doesnt always show what the bracelet looks like when it’s finished : )
ArtsyAnna
Bracelet King
ArtsyAnna
3 months ago by ArtsyAnna
I tend to look and see what color patterns people do but I am trying to do most without pictures to try and give them a picture. And because it can be really fun to see how it turns out.
moth-cult
Professional
moth-cult
3 months ago by moth-cult
I honestly prefer looking for patterns without photos for threads like this. 😛 I think its cool seeing the pattern slowly turn into something, but when i first started i would only rely on videos, then once i figured out how to read patterns i was thriving lol
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
2 months, 3 weeks ago by Tikilishi
Oo this is super interesting to think about.

I think everyone is different, but I like the idea of making something for the first time. I say that, but I also don't tie bracelets often 😅

I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks, I hope more people keep answering this topic 🙂
cocobeanz
Skiller
cocobeanz
2 months, 2 weeks ago by cocobeanz
I think I am def more likely to make something if it has pictures, I just like seeing what the result is going to look like before making it.
megod19
Skiller
megod19
2 months, 2 weeks ago by megod19
I like to be the first one to do it 😇 It motivate me.
plmokn
Skiller
plmokn
1 month, 4 weeks ago by plmokn
Definitely, I rarely do patterns if there is no photos
adriels422
Professional
adriels422
1 month, 3 weeks ago by adriels422
I like to see how it looks of somebody else make it, but also want to be the first one who makes it. To see other peoples photos helps me feel prepared so I prefer to do patterns with photos.
Yelena09
Bracelet King
Yelena09
1 month ago by Yelena09
Me too. Especially if it's shaped or on the bigger side. Mainly to see what has worked for other people
inspiring
Professional
inspiring
2 weeks ago by inspiring
yesss, i am wayyyy more likely to make a pattern with photo's