Sore Fingers
MissLilith
Skiller
MissLilith
10 years, 9 months ago by MissLilith
I have a problem with my fingers getting sore when I'm making a bracelet. Is there anything that could prevent it or suggestions to stop them being sore?
lyra2245
Bracelet King
lyra2245
10 years, 9 months ago by lyra2245
some time i just take a break if my fingers hurt, or just stretch them out.
grargh
Skiller
grargh
10 years, 9 months ago by grargh
Could be you're tying your knots too tight, or else the muscles in your hands aren't accustomed to this particular movement. Like Lyra said, breaks will help quite a lot, but the muscle strength and stamina will come with repetition.
addyaddy
Skiller
addyaddy
10 years, 5 months ago by addyaddy
Take a break every now and then to relax your fingers. As a professional gamer, I come across this quite a bit and I've learned some finger stretches. 😉
rashel26
Professional
rashel26
10 years, 4 months ago by rashel26
this happened to me a lot, I would alway get blisters,i found wear rubber gloves worked 🙂
HeavenSent
Bracelet King
HeavenSent
10 years, 3 months ago by HeavenSent
My fingers get sore to,like the thread cuts into my thumb and finger I usually moisturise and then wait till it soaks in and that really helps.
I also used to wrap a plaster round where it is dinging in so it does not ding in because of the padding on the plaster.
I have heard their that their are these things you can wear on your fingers for bracelet making
Margaron
Margaron
10 years, 3 months ago by Margaron
Depends on what you mean by 'sore' there's skin sore like blisters and stuff and then there's like a joint/ muscle hurt. For the skin, I take a bit of a break, however I do a lot of string crafts other than bracelets all year round so I don't really get this problem anymore. Your skin will get tougher the more you make. The other, I do Some finger exercises and basically move my fingers all around so they're not constantly in the same position.
aprow402
Bracelet King
aprow402
10 years, 1 month ago by aprow402
I do all sorts of fiber arts so I know finger toughness comes with practice. But, I sometimes use a salt scrub I made at a slumber party. Only once in a while though 🙂
gymnast31
Bracelet King
gymnast31
10 years, 1 month ago by gymnast31
When my fingers get sore i usually just put a band aid were the string is rubbing and it really helps!