Did anyone else grow up calling them right and left knots or was that just me
bracletwiz
Skiller
bracletwiz
1 year ago by bracletwiz
I grew up calling them right and left knots instead of forward and backwards knots. Was that anyone else or just me?
Blueknot
Bracelet King
Blueknot
1 year ago by Blueknot
I had a book when I was younger that called the knots left knots and right knots (never managed to remember which was which though), that book did not tell you what a forward backward or backward forward knot is though. So I have a few really old bracelets that needed fb/bf knots so when I needed to do them I would make a knot and drag the string the direction I wanted it to go resulting in messy bracelets.
When I discovered patterns and started making more bracelets I realized they were called forward knots and backward knots and called them that ever since!
happyrobin
Bracelet King
happyrobin
1 year ago by happyrobin
I used to call them 'knots to the right' and 'knots to the left' 😄
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
1 year ago by Tikilishi
You're definitely not alone! I also used to call them "knots on the left" and "knots on the right"
Actually, I think I just referred to them as "left side" and "right side" since like many others, the V shaped chevron was the only bracelet I knew how to make for a super long time haha.
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
1 year ago by Tikilishi
I just realized, pre-BraceletBook, my friends and I only ever used to really learn bracelet patterns from other people. I know some hobby stores and certain department stores like Walmart had friendship bracelet kits that had directions for the V-shaped chevron. Besides that, we really only learned patterns by being taught from others at camp or at school. This limited what we knew how to make because we had to memorize the patterns, and I couldn't even imagine having learned or memorized the many beautiful and more complicated patterns we have on BraceletBook today! (And I also could never imagine learning how to design patterns without the generators!)
olvidar
Professional
olvidar
11 months, 2 weeks ago by olvidar
bruh they were always 4 knots and backwards knots to me 😭
olvidar
Professional
olvidar
11 months, 2 weeks ago by olvidar
@Tikilishi OMG SAMEEEEE FR LIKE BRUH I HADE SUCH BAD TEACHERS NGL 😭 i had to figure out everything myself
xc2024
Professional
xc2024
11 months ago by xc2024
i called them 4s and mirror 4s