Alternative crochet / knitting
m0ss
Professional
m0ss
1 year ago by m0ss
I’m a beginner at crochet, I love alternative stuff and I thought this thread could be a place where we post free patterns, tutorials, tips, etc. I feel like it would be nice to have ressources for alt crocheting and knitting.
TKEStrong3
Bracelet King
TKEStrong3
1 year ago by TKEStrong3
i'm trying to learn to crochet and i knit a little, and i would like to learn how to knit/crochet from patterns on here. But first i have to learn to switch colors💀
m0ss
Professional
m0ss
1 year ago by m0ss
This free pattern I’m working on has no color changing (I haven’t learned it yet too☠️)
o-0
Advanced
o-0
1 year ago by o-0
@TKEStrong3 for color switches basically you just want to have you’re project be single crochet (if it’s anything bigger the woven in ends will show through) and basically just make you’re stitch over the color that you’re not using. If you want I can try to find a video tutorial if that doesn’t make sense (which I get if it doesn’t). Just lmk.
TKEStrong3
Bracelet King
TKEStrong3
1 year ago by TKEStrong3
@o-0 what does single crochet mean?
o-0
Advanced
o-0
1 year ago by o-0
@TKEStrong3 it’s one of the stitches (the one that most people learn first)
TKEStrong3
Bracelet King
TKEStrong3
1 year ago by TKEStrong3
@o-0 ok, i think that makes sense. thank you!
o-0
Advanced
o-0
1 year ago by o-0
@TKEStrong3 np. Let me know if you have any other questions.
m0ss
Professional
m0ss
1 year ago by m0ss
@o-0 How do you make double crochet that doesn’t curve ? My single crochet is fine but my double crochet isn’t even crooked at this point, it’s round ☠️
o-0
Advanced
o-0
1 year ago by o-0
@m0ss make sure that at the beginning of the row you chain the right amount. heres a link to a site that shows you how to do it so i would recommend looking at that and just to double check everything that youre doing. it will cure a bit but as you can see in the pictures on the site, it shouldnt be totally round.

https://sarahmaker.com/double-crochet/
m0ss
Professional
m0ss
1 year ago by m0ss
@o-0 thanks