Hurt hands. Dry fingers.
funkyXtina
Bracelet King
funkyXtina
1 year, 1 month ago by funkyXtina
So I’ve been making bracelets but my fingers and getting rough patches where is string rubbing on my hands. Does anyone have suggestions or advice for this problem?
Blueknot
Bracelet King
Blueknot
1 year, 1 month ago by Blueknot
Tying knots looser, and taking a break from knotting for a few days seems to be the best solution. If you really want to knot, try putting a piece of tape or a band-aid over where the string rubs, if that doesn't work try readjusting where your grip the strings. 🙂
angelskies
Advanced
angelskies
1 year, 1 month ago by angelskies
i agrée with Blueknot, i think the best thing to do is just take a break, stretch, etc. If ur really desperate or possibly running a shop with immediate demands then apply a bandaid where there’s pain or discomfort, i also like appplying hand cream before and after making a bracelet, but very little, or ur hands get slippery or sticky.
jazzyghost
Bracelet King
jazzyghost
1 year, 1 month ago by jazzyghost
Yep, just to reiterate what angel said, I would highly recommend applying hand lotion frequently and generously. Obviously not while making a bracelet, as the strings might get greasy and it's harder to maintain a good grip on them, but whenever you have free time I would just throw on some lotion. Otherwise, if I really want to knot but my fingers are dry and cut, I'll temporarily put a bandaid or bit of tape over the spots that my strings rub against.

I feel your pain so much though, my fingers hate me now that I knot in almost every free moment 😅