Bracelet Colors
milbug
Bracelet King
milbug
10 years, 10 months ago by milbug
I just want to know how everybody pick outs colors for bracelets. Also what are your most used or favorite colors for bracelets? Just wondering. Thanks Happy knotting!!!
ameriblue
Bracelet King
ameriblue
10 years, 10 months ago by ameriblue
I usually just throw some together and make something, or I think about a collection I could do, and start. I've been doing a series of broken ladder bracelets and just bought a huge haul of pastel colors. I just think about what might look nice together.
wolf3
Bracelet King
wolf3
10 years, 10 months ago by wolf3
blues and greens have lots of shades but they usually go great together
lyra2245
Bracelet King
lyra2245
10 years, 10 months ago by lyra2245
you should use complementary colors, so purple and yellow, green and red, blue and orange.
wolf3
Bracelet King
wolf3
10 years, 10 months ago by wolf3
always use dark and light colors😉
lyra2245
Bracelet King
lyra2245
10 years, 9 months ago by lyra2245
also, dont mix warm and cool colors. make a bracelet with warm colors (yellow, orange, and red, sometimes pink) or cool colors (blue, purple, green), but dont mix warm and cool colors (unless the two colors you pick look really cool together)
alicekitty
Professional
alicekitty
10 years, 9 months ago by alicekitty
I can never find colors that look good together. I am so bad at it.
alicekitty
Professional
alicekitty
Unless its pink gray and blue. I always use those colors together I think they look really nice with some patterns.
lyra2245
Bracelet King
lyra2245
they really do work. i made like two bracelets with the same colors😛
alicekitty
Professional
alicekitty
also, pretty much any color combined with white and black works....depends on the pattern sometimes though
lyra2245
Bracelet King
lyra2245
yeah.... if youre using only two colors black and a brighter color look good together
STARBURST
Skiller
STARBURST
10 years, 9 months ago by STARBURST
Now that I think of it, I use a lot of purple, green and blue together and I add different colors depending on the requirement of colors
gemmaaa
Professional
gemmaaa
10 years, 9 months ago by gemmaaa
I actually like to use different shades of the same color from light to dark so it creates a faded effect lol but a good combination of colors I use a lot is pink, white, black, and sometimes brown if I need am extra color. If I have no idea what colors to use, I just pick a random color from my threadbox and throw some colors next to it that I think look good together 😄 if I'm just doing a practice or trial pattern, then I use any random color that I haven't used in a while. Colors that you haven't used in a while could surprisingly look pretty good together. 😛
Anna1234
Bracelet King
Anna1234
10 years, 7 months ago by Anna1234
I love purple and bright blue, it's a beautiful duet. I also like the green with black. Aussi There are yellow, pink and blue, which is a beautiful triplet! There are lots of possibilities!
FTCN97
Bracelet King
FTCN97
10 years, 7 months ago by FTCN97
I usually try to use colours I haven't used a lot 🙂. With them I try to make sets of bracelets with the same colours 🙂.

x.
LeDanielle
Advanced
LeDanielle
10 years, 3 months ago by LeDanielle
Err, I choose my colors from skeins I haven't opened yet, so I guess I could say that I choose random colors 😛
Margaron
Margaron
10 years, 3 months ago by Margaron
I typically pull out a colour I like and then place another beside it to see what looks good. But if you want to get technical you can't go wrong with colours on the opposite side of the colour wheel or colours side by side on the wheel.