I NEED ADVICE!!!
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
4 years, 6 months ago by SC00PSAH0Y
Ok so i am in a band right? Yep. We are to told we are having a rehearsal ok... i go home and talk to my parents. Turns out that that night is our towns annual holiday festival (Ends at 9pm [⏰will come into play later]). So i asked or band director what time the rehearsal might end because i thought i could go to rehearsal THEN festival thing. WELL.... they say 8pm.......WHYYYYY.

Earlier, when talking about it... the director said that they will provide food. I had too miss a rehearsal that was a movie and food due to PRIOR PLANNING!!

Here’s the thing.. I LOVE band but i also have a life.. i want a life WITH band not a band LIFE....understand? I have missed other things that were band due to prior planning.

Ok so here is what i am thinking... play our songs and if it turnes in to a movie AFTER we play, i get picked up and go to festival!! But ONLY IF THAT HAPPENS!!

🤔DO I GO TO FESTIVAL OR REHERSAL!!!! 🤔

(Disclaimer—am not yelling when i use caps... just important points i am trying to emphasize.)
hpuff
Bracelet King
hpuff
4 years, 6 months ago by hpuff
I don’t know. I usually do a right or left hand (that is when you have someone choose one of your hands and whatever you choose for that hand you do). I also do band. I am in honors band in my elementary school. What instrument do you play?
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
@hpuff i play alto sax
brr
Professional
brr
4 years, 6 months ago by brr
Well my school kind of has a band kind of doesn’t and I’m not in it but I would say, think about which one you would miss the most, also the festival is only once a year and band practice is like what once a week so maybe you should go to the festival
hannah_0
Bracelet King
hannah_0
4 years, 6 months ago by hannah_0
When does the festival start? When does the band practice start?
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
@hannah_0

Festival starts at 5 pm and ends at 9pm
Rehersal starts after school (around 4:30) and ends at 8
hannah_0
Bracelet King
hannah_0
4 years, 6 months ago by hannah_0
I think if you really want to go to band practice then go and leave a little early even if there isn’t a movie. If you want to go to the festival then don’t go to band practice. In my opinion a 4 hour festival is a long time. Maybe you could ask other people what they’re doing??
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
@hannah_0 true..... i might call/text my parents to pick me up to go. My friend also is having the exact same problem.( @Hermione_G )
Hermione_G
Advanced
Hermione_G
4 years, 6 months ago by Hermione_G
Yeah, I decided that if we are going to practice for a little bit and then watch a movie and eat pizza, I am going to call my mom to pick me up and go to the holiday festival. If we are going to practice for the entire time (which I think we might, we might not. I have no clue) I am going to stay at practice. I really wanted to do the holiday festival this year and of course we got a practice on that day... 😢 😢
vennix
Bracelet King
vennix
4 years, 6 months ago by vennix
You could ask your director if it would affect your grade if you left rehearsal early. See if you could compromise by going to rehearsal for a couple hours and then go to the festival for the rest of the night. If you let your director know what the conflict is they may help with a solution that won’t affect your grade