Bracelets not made with string
WIP004
Skiller
WIP004
4 years, 7 months ago by WIP004
Hey! My brother is having a baby and I was wondering if I could follow an alpha pattern with another softer and larger material like something you crochet with. Has anyone made a bracelet pattern with something other than friendship bracelet string?
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
4 years, 6 months ago by Clairaland
I am not very advanced but I do know beads or yarn is an option if you are looking.
pinfriends
Bracelet King
pinfriends
4 years, 6 months ago by pinfriends
@leahww did a bead alpha that is adorable!
pinfriends
Bracelet King
pinfriends
sorry @leahhww
WIP004
Skiller
WIP004
4 years, 6 months ago by WIP004
@Clairaland @pinfriends thanks
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 6 months ago by Someone_
You can use it. I've used crochet yarn, and I found that it takes a little getting used to if you are used to embroidery floss (like I was). I find that it works really well if the pattern uses a small number of strings, because it makes it look bigger compared to when you are using embroidery floss. But the overall feel of it when you are making the bracelet feels so much better in comparison. 🙂 I have a picture on my profile with a bracelet that I made with it if you would like to see so you get some sort of idea on how it looks - it's the last picture I uploaded 🙂
leahhww
Bracelet King
leahhww
4 years, 6 months ago by leahhww
@pinfriends thanks for the mention <3
pinfriends
Bracelet King
pinfriends
Yep! no problem 😊
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
4 years, 6 months ago by Clairaland
Hope it works
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
4 years, 6 months ago by Cirivere
I've tried mercerised yarn thread and it's so nice and cohesive. Still very easy to get tight and uniform knots with too!