Bracelet related injuries?
Laurel-bee
Skiller
Laurel-bee
4 years, 7 months ago by Laurel-bee
Look, i know this is probably a little gross but i've been tying so many bracelets that one of my fingers is a little raw from the string running across it and another has a blister from the pressure and the string running across 🤮 does anyone else have bracelet related injuries?
gp0201
Bracelet King
gp0201
4 years, 7 months ago by gp0201
Omg! The exact same thing happens to me. Sometimes ( if I’m going to be working on a bracelet for a long period of time) I wear a bandaid around the finger it rubs on so that it won’t hurt and I don’t get blisters
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 7 months ago by Margaron
I don’t think I’ve had more than sore fingers from bracelets but i used to get rug burn from crocheting so long in a day. I’ve built up callouses from all the string crafts I do now so nothing recently. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Jeep
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 7 months ago by Margaron
**keep going and they’ll callous? Lol 😂
LoopyCat
Bracelet King
LoopyCat
4 years, 7 months ago by LoopyCat
I have a tendency to curl up at the end of the couch in sort of weird awkward positions while I'm watching TV and working on bracelets. I usually have my legs folded up to one side & one or both feet tucked under my body. So the other night after I'd been curled up like a hermit crab working on a bracelet for a couple hours, I went to get up off the couch and fell flat on my face because I didn't realize one of my feet had gone totally numb!! I wasn't hurt, I just felt pretty silly & then my husband & I both started laughing hysterically. It scared the daylights out of my two cats so they went flying across the room too, which made the scene even funnier. Lol 😜 😂 😂
toblerone
Professional
toblerone
4 years, 7 months ago by toblerone
No but I also take a lot of breaks. I almost never do it for a long enough time to get blisters or anything
brachel714
Professional
brachel714
4 years, 7 months ago by brachel714
I got a cut from metallic thread so now when I use it I wear bandaids but like I wear bandaids when I'm working with thread anyways or I'll use the medical tape the clear stuff.
fran_cake
Professional
fran_cake
4 years, 6 months ago by fran_cake
I currently have 6 blisters
sydsyd1026
Skiller
sydsyd1026
4 years, 1 month ago by sydsyd1026
I just get horrible back pain from being hunched over the whole time
Evanya
Professional
Evanya
4 years, 1 month ago by Evanya
i get my fingers stabbed by needles while untying a lot of knots, because i have no safety pins.. it hurts to touch things after
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
4 years, 1 month ago by Disney12
I tie my knots really tight so my fingers do get sore from the string.
isacooper
Professional
isacooper
4 years, 1 month ago by isacooper
Definitely! My index finger is raw from the string running across it and my pinkies are so sore from holding other strings. I often sit cross legged to hold my clipboard in the bends of my knees and I’ve gotten some pretty bad cramps and knots on my lower thighs and around my knees. Not to mention my neck from hunching over
EM29
Advanced
EM29
4 years, 1 month ago by EM29
I have. Rope burn
owleybrd
Bracelet King
owleybrd
4 years, 1 month ago by owleybrd
My back sometimes hurts cause I work on the floor sometimes and either my back bends too forward or backwards. Sometimes I’ll work with a needle when trying to get knots out and I accidentally poke myself (not fun).
Ladybugtlc
Professional
Ladybugtlc
4 years, 1 month ago by Ladybugtlc
I took my 89 year old Pops to a dentist appt. I took the bracelet I was working on with me. This may sound odd, and I can't believe I'm telling on myself, but here goes...I use a dull seam ripper to take out the knots I make a mistakes on. It sounds odd, but it's works for me. Anyway, when they called us back into the dentist chair, I had it in my hand. When I sat down, somehow I stabbed myself in the fleshy part of my palm (near the thumb). Luckily as I said, it was dull. Nobody knew but me. I excused myself to the bathroom and bled it so it wouldn't get infected.
Ladybugtlc
Professional
Ladybugtlc
4 years, 1 month ago by Ladybugtlc
I took my 89 year old Pops to a dentist appt. I took the bracelet I was working on with me. This may sound odd, and I can't believe I'm telling on myself, but here goes...I use a dull seam ripper to take out the knots I make a mistakes on. It sounds odd, but it's works for me. Anyway, when they called us back into the dentist chair, I had it in my hand. When I sat down, somehow I stabbed myself in the fleshy part of my palm (near the thumb). Luckily as I said, it was dull. Nobody knew but me. I excused myself to the bathroom and bled it so it wouldn't get infected.
mittymaja
Bracelet King
mittymaja
4 years, 1 month ago by mittymaja
Well yep When I do my bracelets I curl up and my lower spine really hurts from curling up and because I’m sitting on my bottom all day my lower spine hurts too.
mittymaja
Bracelet King
mittymaja
4 years, 1 month ago by mittymaja
Oh also sometimes I stab the needle on my bed by me while I’m working on my bracelet so if I make a mistake I can take it out. But sometimes I forget to take it out and when I’m sleeping my foots scrapes across it, thankfully, it’s on the thick side 😅
Lena-chan
Professional
Lena-chan
4 years, 1 month ago by Lena-chan
When I do bracelets for too long i can feel the floss creating ''dents'' in my fingertips 😢 and for the past few days, I think I've been doing some wrong movements with my wrist and it sometimes hurt when I pull my string. I believe it's because i was doing the bracelet on my table and in a wrong position 😭
Andyish
Bracelet King
Andyish
4 years, 1 month ago by Andyish
@Evanya lol i poke myself a lot too