High school swimmer where ru?!
riley_fxX
Bracelet King
riley_fxX
3 years, 2 months ago by riley_fxX
Hey guys next year i wanting to join my hs swim team. It’s always been my dream, but I’ve been getting a lot of anxiety on not making the team, if y’all have any advice or advice in general on how to balance the team and school please tell me. Thx 🤍🏊🏼‍♀️
riley_fxX
Bracelet King
riley_fxX
anyone??
Firecorn
Bracelet King
Firecorn
3 years, 2 months ago by Firecorn
Well, i am not a high school swimmer, but i am on a team!
riley_fxX
Bracelet King
riley_fxX
@Firecorn oh cool! do u have any advice on how to balance a sport with high school work?
Firecorn
Bracelet King
Firecorn
3 years, 2 months ago by Firecorn
Well, what i meant was i am a middle schooler, but i can give u advice! To balance work with swim, i usually do as much as possible with the hardest first in study hall. What i don't finish, i do right when i get home
AJDucky
Professional
AJDucky
3 years, 2 months ago by AJDucky
HS swimming is super fun! Everyone is really supportive and encouraging and the meets are great. You're gonna do amazing!
Aspen14
Bracelet King
Aspen14
3 years, 2 months ago by Aspen14
I'm here😂
I swim mostly distance
Aspen14
Bracelet King
Aspen14
3 years, 2 months ago by Aspen14
Oh, and study before meets, motivation is gone after for me!
riley_fxX
Bracelet King
riley_fxX
@AJDucky yea one of my hopes is to not just swim, but make great friendships!
riley_fxX
Bracelet King
riley_fxX
@Aspen14 yea im just lowkey terrified abt going into hs itself, but also abt balancing a sport
AJDucky
Professional
AJDucky
3 years, 2 months ago by AJDucky
@riley_fxX You totally will! and that's a great mindset to have. Some of my closest friends swim and we get to spend so much time together while training hard which makes it more fun.
KLCatLady
Bracelet King
KLCatLady
3 years, 2 months ago by KLCatLady
I’m 10 I’m not in high school I probably am not qualified to give advice... but I’m on a swim team my advice...
1 When you are swimming swim as fast as you can what I usually say to myself before swimming in a meet is your arms and legs are not going to fall off 😂
2 Even if you don’t get in you are amazing and all that matters is that you tried your best!
3 Don’t compare yourself to others, in swimming your goal is to beat yourself (get a best time) 🔥
Ewoosley
Professional
Ewoosley
3 years, 1 month ago by Ewoosley
@riley_fxX I am in middle school and just moved up and I am like the slowest one there. I have learned to just focus on your self and not try to be the best, just try yo get better. And if some one passes you (happens to me all the time) who cares?! Focus on getting better not being the best. And you will defined make the HS team. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!
riley_fxX
Bracelet King
riley_fxX
3 years, 1 month ago by riley_fxX
@Ewoosly thank you rn honestly i just gotta focus on making the team 😂
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
3 years, 1 month ago by GenMalucci
@riley_fxX I am on my off year for now, but I am a competitive swimmer and it can be difficult to balance it all, but I believe in you! It’s super fun and everyone is so encouraging and kind! If you find yourself stuck with stress or anything because it’s a lot, take a deep breath. Don’t look at the clock or anything, finish your homework and stay calm. It doesn’t help to be worked up and stressed about it for too long. I let myself be super stressed and it ended up in a panic attack right when I dived into the deep end (which for our practice sight was 12 feet deep) and I dive low. It got really bad and I had to stay out for the rest of practice because I was stressed. Although it’s awesome and the coaches are just fantastic! “Stay calm and keep swimming” was the thing the coaches would say! Have fun with it! It’s truly awesome!
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
@riley_fxX also do studying BEFORE meets, after swim meets your energy is spent and you just want to eat and relaaax 😂 I got really worried about not making my competitive team, but all I really needed to know what each stroke and how to swim. I’m not sure where y’all live or if you have a parent willing, but practice before hand makes a huge difference. So practice if you can!
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
@riley_fxX sorry, I meant “Stay Calm and Swim On” was the thing they said, I’m watching tv and got confused 😂
riley_fxX
Bracelet King
riley_fxX
@GenMalucci yes! I definitely need to start practicing again, my swim team closed down so i have to go on my own. i hope to get in at least a 100hrs before august when my tryouts are. im just rly stressed abt not making the team rn, it would mess up my whole schedule and really make everything miserable...anyways sorry for the rant, i will take ur advice into mind.
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
@riley_fxX it’s super fun though, and goals are awesome! If you get 100+ or maybe even 50+ hours in you will make the team hands down!
riley_fxX
Bracelet King
riley_fxX
@GenMalucci yea i just need to believe in myself lol, and get some hrs in 😂