What west do I use for my bracelet business? 🤷‍♀️
hannahxox
Advanced
hannahxox
3 years, 4 months ago by hannahxox
I am definitely creating a bracelet business and I'm stuck on what website I should sell it on.
I really like Instagram because I know my way around the app and it's free to sign up. I also like Etsy but I've never really bought anything on Etsy. Can you give me some suggestions? thanks 💘
hannahxox
Advanced
hannahxox
website* I forgot to double check my title haha
_lauren_
Bracelet King
_lauren_
3 years, 4 months ago by _lauren_
i would say etsy. it’s like meant for selling and people can get lots of orders. instas good too tho. maybe even both
hannahxox
Advanced
hannahxox
@_lauren_ Thanks! do you have to pay to create a shop on etsy?
Firecorn
Bracelet King
Firecorn
3 years, 4 months ago by Firecorn
No you don't have to pay but you do need to pay 20 cents per listing and you need to be 13 or above to have an account and sell! So you could have your legal guardian sell for you!
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
3 years, 4 months ago by amwatson
Etsy is the most reliable if you’re selling anything crafty or homemade because they already have a trusted reputation. Plus people can scam you through Instagram so you have to be careful. Etsy does take a fair amount of fees though but in my opinion it’s worth it because they already have a loyal customer base
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
Also Alex’s Innovations has a really helpful Etsy crash course video on her YouTube
hannahxox
Advanced
hannahxox
@amwatson I think I might make an etsy shop and use Instagram to show off my bracelets and promote my shop in a way I guess 👍
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
That sounds like a really good idea. I’m planning on doing the same in a few months. It’s easier to build a following on Instagram and then direct them towards your Etsy
hannahxox
Advanced
hannahxox
@amwatson Yeah I was thinking of making my shop on instagram but I don't feel very safe selling my bracelets on Instagram now.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 4 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Hi, be careful when setting up an etsy if you do. Many teens/kids set up their own etsy shop without knowledge of Etsy's minor rules. Which would affect you (and it would affect me if I had one but I don't) anyways personally I would never sell on etsy because of it's minor policies but if they don't bother you and you can abide by them then etsy might be a good option for you. And just a warning if you break the rules on there you can have your account suspended and closed.
hannahxox
Advanced
hannahxox
@2006_Mandy oh ok! I might either sell on instagram or etsy but have my account managed by my parents.
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
Yeah, just put one of your parents details in the account and you’ll be fine, you can still operate it but it’ll just be in their name
hannahxox
Advanced
hannahxox
@amwatson thanks 👍
_lauren_
Bracelet King
_lauren_
3 years, 4 months ago by _lauren_
i would definitely recommend etsy!! about the suspension stuff, that never happened to me. but idk!!
hannahxox
Advanced
hannahxox
@_lauren_ i will keep everything in mind! thanks!!
fuzzydogs8
Bracelet King
fuzzydogs8
3 years, 4 months ago by fuzzydogs8
Def Etsy! I have a shop if anyone wants to check it out! It is BraceletFanaticShop. I am also running a sale
hannahxox
Advanced
hannahxox
@fuzzydogs8 okay! i will go check your shop out!
fuzzydogs8
Bracelet King
fuzzydogs8
3 years, 4 months ago by fuzzydogs8
Aww thx
Firecorn
Bracelet King
Firecorn
3 years, 4 months ago by Firecorn
So do I! KraftyEagle! @fuzzydogs8 i will def check u out! I will try to buy, but I won't make any promises, as I am curenntly saving my allowance!