Crochet Tips 😂
Meggieb18
Professional
Meggieb18
3 years, 4 months ago by Meggieb18
Hi! So for Christmas I got a crochet kit and I really wanna learn how to make stuff! I have no idea what I should make first. Do you have any recommendations for simple things to make? Tysm for reading! 😂
donuts98
Bracelet King
donuts98
3 years, 4 months ago by donuts98
My first project was a scarf and it’s easy once you get it but takes a while. It’s basically just a giant rectangle so learn how to slip knot, chain, and single crochet and then make a big rectangle. Don’t worry if you skip a stitch or mess up my first one was really bad with the rows all uneven and with lots of holes 😂 but because it’s a scarf you just wrap it around your neck so many times no one can even tell you messed up! Good luck!
Meggieb18
Professional
Meggieb18
@donuts98 oooh thank you!
JJbracklet
Bracelet King
JJbracklet
3 years, 4 months ago by JJbracklet
and if you wanted to do something after that, maybe you could start amigurumi! basically what that is is making stuffed animals/decorative items out of spheres. I think this is a bit harder that traditional crocheting, so probably make this after the scarf. some beginner amigurumi are probably basic spheres, or a simple whale.
Lulu_Ninja
Bracelet King
Lulu_Ninja
3 years, 4 months ago by Lulu_Ninja
I would say make granny squares. That's how I started and they are so cute to turn into a blanket or bag. I'm currently making a sunflower bag made out of starburst squares.
adaleine
Skiller
adaleine
3 years, 4 months ago by adaleine
my first project was a pair of slippers
Meggieb18
Professional
Meggieb18
Wow ty everyone! @Lulu_Ninja @adaleine @JJbracklet !
JJbracklet
Bracelet King
JJbracklet
3 years, 4 months ago by JJbracklet
No problem!
Lulu_Ninja
Bracelet King
Lulu_Ninja
3 years, 4 months ago by Lulu_Ninja
You're welcome!
Mirabelle_
Bracelet King
Mirabelle_
3 years, 4 months ago by Mirabelle_
@Meggieb18 I crochet too and I mainly make amigurumi which is making toys like stuffed animals. I make toys for my cats and among us characters. My first project was granny squares and hats but then did amigurumi be because I find it more interesting than making clothing items. It also requires less knowledge because you only need to know how to do a single crochet ( where you go into the stitch, yarn over, pull through one loop, yarn over pull through both loops) I hope this helps! Have fun crocheting and feel free to private message me if you need any help!💕
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
3 years, 4 months ago by Moosey
honestly sometimes i would just crochet random squares and rectangles and circles and stuff just to practice. once you get the hang of single crochet, make sure you know the other basic stitches (hdc, dc, tc) and learn about doing circular projects. granny squares are a lot of fun. i found most of the first patterns i did online or in books.
Meggieb18
Professional
Meggieb18
Tysm @Moosey & @Mirabelle_ ! 😄
Etown
Bracelet King
Etown
3 years, 4 months ago by Etown
My first "project" was making little hearts. You just need to know how to make a single stitch and a magic circle, there's a lot of videos on YouTube that explain it really well! 😂
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 4 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
What i did to start is just practiced each stitch. So i crocheted a tiny square of single crochets, double crochets and treble crochets. Then i started amigurmi and it was a lot of fun. Sometimes you just need to practice stitches and holding the needle before staring a project. Currently i’m making a top. It’s just a giant rectangle with straps. I’ll link it for you, https://forthefrills.com/beginner-crochet-crop-top-free-pattern-video-tutorial/ here you go! it’s a great beginner pattern.
Meggieb18
Professional
Meggieb18
Tysm everyone!
Annie_Whe
Bracelet King
Annie_Whe
3 years, 4 months ago by Annie_Whe
I would try to make a granny square!
1aesthetic
Bracelet King
1aesthetic
3 years, 4 months ago by 1aesthetic
Try making a couple normal squares of different stiched then see them all together to make something like a little purse