Crochet
AppleBunny
Bracelet King
AppleBunny
3 years, 7 months ago by AppleBunny
Hey
So I’m new to crochet and I really want to make a bee, but I don’t know where to start and what I need to learn before I start or if I can just go straight into it?
If there is stuff I need to learn to make a bee could you please tell me.
Thanks 🐝
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 7 months ago by 2006_Mandy
There’s a YouTube video on it just search up how to make a crochet bee.
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
3 years, 7 months ago by Cirivere
Most of these types of plushies start with a magic loop! A magic loop is a loop that you can adjust the tightness of, and it also starts with an opening loop. Once you create a magic loop you can start making the stitches of your first row, and then pull the loop closed to start a circular first row. I reccomend looking up a tutorial on these first! They're quite easy but a good fundamental part

https://youtu.be/p298HxgsO1s this is one I used! It also shows how to single crochet into it to start your first row!

Secondly, most common stitches are slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, triple crochet (and maybe I'm forgetting some), I suggest looking up single crochet first, since again, they're the type of stitch you'll use a lot in plush making. Many of these are just the same techniques, but used in a different order or repeated more steps.

These techniques are insert your needle, yarn over and pull through (hope I'm not forgetting anything, but yeah that's basically all a stitch is made off)

In order to shape a plushie you have two more steps other than simple single crochets! Increasing and decreasing! Increasing is simply making two single crochets in the same loop, though for decreasing there's multiple ways, the most recommended one is the invisible decrease!

Anyhow this site also has some good explanations: http://engsidrun.spire.ee/blogs/blog1.php/tutorials
AppleBunny
Bracelet King
AppleBunny
3 years, 7 months ago by AppleBunny
Thanks 😊