Grieving Advice 🥀
Maybe_Yoyo
Bracelet King
Maybe_Yoyo
3 years, 8 months ago by Maybe_Yoyo
My great-grandpa passed away on October 9th while sleeping peacefully. I miss him and would like some advice. Tomorrow we are going to be releasing flower pedals onto a local river. 🌊
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 8 months ago by 2006_Mandy
When my great grandpa passed away I knitted. I practically did so for 3 hours during his visitation. It’s always hard to loose a loved one especially during a pandemic when you cannot do much to honor their life. I don’t know much advice about grieving because it’s always hard and it’s unavoidable in those situations. I pray that you will find comfort and love even in such hard times.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Also like I said I knitted you make bracelets most likely (since you are on braceletbook) and do my best advice would be to take some time to yourself and make a special bracelet to go out your great grandpa that way you will always remember him. Anyways I’m sorry for your loss and hope things will get better for you.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
I made many mistakes in the above but I meant honor not go out sorry!!
Maybe_Yoyo
Bracelet King
Maybe_Yoyo
3 years, 8 months ago by Maybe_Yoyo
@2006_Mandy Thank you so much
Basilology
Bracelet King
Basilology
3 years, 8 months ago by Basilology
When my hamster died, I found it helpful just to have a day or two doing things that I like so I would stop thinking of it. Maybe watch some movies, read, or knot (with something on to keep you distracted) until your fingers fall off.
Galaxy_9
Bracelet King
Galaxy_9
3 years, 8 months ago by Galaxy_9
I'm so sorry to hear about your great-grandpa! My grandma passed away on my first week of school. But what I made for her before she died, I gave her one of my bracelets and attached it to her wrist. But for comfort, maybe doing something you or your grandpa really loved and you can just take some time alone to think. I'm so sorry!
Heary2
Professional
Heary2
3 years, 8 months ago by Heary2
I’m so sorry to hear about your Great Grandpa! When my Pomeranian that I had known for my whole life passed last year, I just did stuff to take my mind off it, and avoided doing stuff to remind me about for about 2 months. It worked! These guys they suggestions are really good too. I’m so sorry again, it’s always hard.
Heary2
Professional
Heary2
Also maybe reading a book that you really loved, like it was so good it was like you were standing g with the characters and doing what they were doing, read that again or find one like it. Also one’s like chose your own adventures when you have to think about what will happen or might happen if you chose this, and when you finish it, go back and chose d as one different answers! See how many endings you can do.
Heary2
Professional
Heary2
I meant go back and chose some different answers sorry I’m using my iPod touch instead of my chrome book XD.
workmanha
Bracelet King
workmanha
3 years, 8 months ago by workmanha
Sorry for your loss! Don't really have any advice cuz I don't handle change well and the last time I lost someone that close to me was my mom when I was like 7 so that was a while ago
zyxwvut
Professional
zyxwvut
3 years, 8 months ago by zyxwvut
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandpa this year as well and it was hard. The best thing to do is to take your time. You might cry and be mad but it's something that everyone goes through. If you need to talk then just pm me. Good luck! 😊
marvel21
Bracelet King
marvel21
3 years, 8 months ago by marvel21
I’m so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it can be. I lost both of my grandfathers, one last year, and the other four years ago. 😔 Honestly, i cried a lot. It’s good to stay strong, but also remember that sometimes you just need to let yourself feel sad. Reading, or just doing things you love are also quite helpful. My pms are always open if you ever need to talk. ❤️
bunny9
Professional
bunny9
3 years, 8 months ago by bunny9
I’m sorry for your lose
My advice if you can is to just go somewhere really pretty and try to appreciate the beauty of that place
Use that beauty around you to just let yourself feel
I would go somewhere my loved one would have loved to go