Does anyone else do this when making a bracelet or am I just crazy?
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
3 years, 10 months ago by Moosey
Hello and welcome! I need to know whether or not you hold your bracelet while you make it. What I mean is that when I make a bracelet, I usually don't hold it down with tape or a clipboard or a safety pin or anything. I literally hold the bracelet in my hand as I make it. I hold the top of the bracelet or the part that I have already made in-between my index and middle fingers then I hold the string that I am knotting onto with my thumb and my ring finger (I am left handed so I make all my knots with my left hand). I have never heard of anyone else doing this and I didn't learn it from anywhere. I just sort of taught myself to do it instead of using a clipboard to hold the bracelet. Does anyone else do this?? I feel crazy haha.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I don’t always but I do it sometimes when my clipboard isn’t near me
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
@2006_Mandy I totally get that. I think that it makes it easier to take bracelets on the go. I just feel weird because it feels like everyone else doesn't do that and it's most comfortable for me.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
@Moosey yes I feel the same definitely the best way to make bracelets on the go it just sometimes takes longer
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
@2006_Mandy That is really interesting. For me it goes quicker if I hold it.
poplianna
Bracelet King
poplianna
3 years, 10 months ago by poplianna
@Moosey I do that too I only hold them down when I’m making alphas I honestly find it harder to work with them pinned or taped down I thought I was the only person who did this
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
@poplianna I totally agree. Recently I have been trying to do it with a clipboard and the top of the clipboard honestly just gets in my way. I have been trying with a safety pin and that's a little bit better but I have been holding it instead for so long that that is just what is most natural.
poplianna
Bracelet King
poplianna
3 years, 10 months ago by poplianna
@Moosey exactly
bellar017
Bracelet King
bellar017
3 years, 10 months ago by bellar017
That’s cool how do you do that?
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
@bellar017 Are you asking how I hold it? Because I hold the top of the bracelet "pinched" between my index and middle fingers and then hold the string I am knotting onto with my ring finger and thumb. It sounds tricky and weird but that is my favorite way to hold bracelets when making them.
bellar017
Bracelet King
bellar017
3 years, 10 months ago by bellar017
@Moosey that’s quite the skill. Good job being creative👍
jordynkate
Skiller
jordynkate
3 years, 10 months ago by jordynkate
I tape mine to my leg
courttcan
Bracelet King
courttcan
3 years, 10 months ago by courttcan
I literally always do that! I pull my knots so tight that I constantly pull bracelets out from under the tape when I use tape. So I hold the top of the bracelet between my index and middle finger and then support the strings I'm knotting with with my thumb and ring finger.
heal01
Bracelet King
heal01
3 years, 10 months ago by heal01
I get what you're saying. I totally do that when i have no other option. But most of the time, I tie my bracelet to another bracelet (which is made with only the twisted tie method) which I tie to a window grill, or my bed, or my toe, or my bag, depending on the situation.
Carina_C
Bracelet King
Carina_C
3 years, 10 months ago by Carina_C
@Moosey you have a gift. If I could make bracelets without a workplace to secure it, I would just shove it in my bag and go! That is seriously so cool that you can do that. I tried that a while back but found it too uncomfortable. Cheers to your skills though. 👍 ❤️
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
3 years, 10 months ago by Shelly2121
I just use a safety pin, tbh, but honestly when i was starting out, i would just hold the string that being knotted onto, then make the bracelet that way 😂 i would also use a book or my water bottle
NG17
Professional
NG17
3 years, 10 months ago by NG17
I hold them n my hand when doing easier or thinner bracelets
JalepenoW
Advanced
JalepenoW
3 years, 10 months ago by JalepenoW
Sometimes I do that when I’m first starting a bracelet because the loop makes it tricky
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
3 years, 10 months ago by unicorns14
I’ve tried doing that but my fingers have to squeeze my bracelet so tight ( I tie my knots very tightly) that my fingers end up hurting 😂