First Bracelet?
SheWolf430
Bracelet King
SheWolf430
3 years, 11 months ago by SheWolf430
Mine was a disaster. For some reason, I had no clue that a standard knot would be going around the string twice, so I would make a half-knot and move on to the next step. And I added three pearl beads in the middle for no particular reason.
It was a disaster, but I’ve kept it as a fond memory 😂
hi_im_raea
Advanced
hi_im_raea
3 years, 11 months ago by hi_im_raea
I didnt realize you did the knotting part twice. I did half notes and it turned out all curly and I had no idea why.
courttcan
Bracelet King
courttcan
3 years, 11 months ago by courttcan
mine was at summer camp - they taught us chinese staircases and my knots were so spaced out that you could see the middle strings through the knots and there was no real visible "staircase" lol. I distinctly remember it was pastel orange and blue.
arf820
arf820
3 years, 11 months ago by arf820
my first bracelet was a very badly made three color, six strand chevron that i made at summer camp two years ago. when i was done with it i decided to tie it to the zipper on my backpack but then it fell off and i lost it 🙁
narwhal16
Bracelet King
narwhal16
3 years, 11 months ago by narwhal16
@SheWolf430 @arf820 oh yeah! I made my knots once, not twice with a zipper bracelet. But my FIRST on was when my friend taught me. i just kept twisting the strings. 😂
imcupcakes
Bracelet King
imcupcakes
3 years, 11 months ago by imcupcakes
MY first one was also a disaster. I made a candy stripe, and since it's all forward knots it kept curling up, and then I ran out of string, it was a nightmare!
Addibug
Bracelet King
Addibug
3 years, 11 months ago by Addibug
I tried a small bracelet that was supposed to have hearts on it, it was pink and white. I messed up the strings because I still hadn't known what the knots meant. I also didn't know you had to knot them twice. It was a tangled mess when I finished it and I was super disappointed.
sophiez
Professional
sophiez
3 years, 11 months ago by sophiez
My first ever bracelet was a cheveron, and it actually looks pretty good bc this girl at summer camp made half of it and I knotted the other half. My first bracelet following a pattern was the wave bracelet, and that one was a disaster...I didn’t know forward backward knots or backward forward knots so I would just do forward or backward knots for them. It looks so bad!!
tkd2010
Bracelet King
tkd2010
3 years, 11 months ago by tkd2010
My first was a candy stripe. I used super thick cotton yarn. Ya know how the back of a good bracelet you can see wrong colors popping through well the front had colors popping through too. It was like nine strands and at the time I was very proud of it. Now when I see it I low key want to throw it away. Lol 😂! Now I use embroidery thread and my bracelets look 1 million x better.
Carina_C
Bracelet King
Carina_C
3 years, 11 months ago by Carina_C
I don't remember my first bracelet but the earliest one I think I own is a burgundy and black 8-string chevron. That thing is super stretchy with a button hole loop and button clasp. It's not bad but still really ugly to the point where I would NEVER wear it out. It's on my computer as I type and MAN was it super lumpy and crooked too.
Gaveigh
Advanced
Gaveigh
3 years, 11 months ago by Gaveigh
My first bracelet was a candy stripes pattern, and it was a DISASTER! First, I underestimated how much string I needed. If I remember correctly the strings were about 30cm long. As i was making it I kept mixing up the knots so it looked like someone put a chevron and a candy stripes in a blender took it out and called it a success. I would say I'm doing much better.
AO215282
Professional
AO215282
3 years, 11 months ago by AO215282
My first bracelet was a candy stripe and looked terrible during the first half and it started looking better in the second half so it was good and bad
ello_mate
Professional
ello_mate
3 years, 11 months ago by ello_mate
My very first bracelet was braided leaf and it actually wasn't too bad, it started a bit rough but the end is pretty good. However, I didn't know how much string to cut so it was way to short and I never bothered finishing it. I still have the half finished bracket. It was red, black, and white. The first one that I finished was a half and half chevron that is actually not that bad, I wear it sometimes, the only thing was that I didn't know how to close the bracelet, so I tied it in a loop that is too big for my wrist, so I always have to do some intense knots to get it to stay on 😂😂😂
john_cady
Bracelet King
john_cady
3 years, 11 months ago by john_cady
My first bracelet was the braided stitch. It was pretty bad. It had lots of holes in it, it was all curled up, and I didn’t make a loop or ties.
dreamweavr
Professional
dreamweavr
3 years, 11 months ago by dreamweavr
Mine was a Chinese staircase, I don't remember what colors but I have the one my friend gave me as a trade and it is red green and purple
_annabeth_
Advanced
_annabeth_
3 years, 11 months ago by _annabeth_
My first bracelet was horrendous! I was at camp and someone had left a half-complete candy stripe bracelet in my cabin, so I tried to finish it. I only did one knot on each string and it completely fell apart! I got really mad and gave up.
bojilly
Professional
bojilly
3 years, 11 months ago by bojilly
My first bracelet was a yellow, orange, green, and teal candy stripe. After that I jumped straight in and started a 10 string pattern off friendshipbracelets.net. It took me like 12 hours to finish but it’s still one of my favorites and I still wear it.
knoty-knot
Bracelet King
knoty-knot
3 years, 11 months ago by knoty-knot
my first bracelet was a heart friendship bracelet which isnt very believible but it was my very first bracelet i still have 👍
Elvarion
Bracelet King
Elvarion
3 years, 11 months ago by Elvarion
I really can't remember my first braclet because I started when I was younger. But my real braclet journey started with #18 I made it with a button for closing. I kept it and even though nowadays I make much neater braclet I would still wear it.
nerdyesme
Bracelet King
nerdyesme
3 years, 11 months ago by nerdyesme
My first bracelet was a chevron! I thought I would start easy but then I thought I was ready to try a really hard pattern 😂 I was definitely not ready then