talkin' about art!
courttcan
Bracelet King
courttcan
3 years, 10 months ago by courttcan
I love to draw and paint. My favorite media are Prismacolors, brush markers, and watercolors. I love Bristol paper and super thicc watercolor paper for my projects. I also make ephemera/vintage collages, metal jewelry, and ofc friendship bracelets. 😍

What kind of art do y'all like to make?

What art supplies are your favorites?
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
3 years, 10 months ago by Shelly2121
I do digital art (before yall say anything, digital art is REAL ART.) on my ipad with a finger.

I like ibisPaintX since practically everything is free! The app is also meant for comic art! I used this app for my current avatar.
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
I love poscas
courttcan
Bracelet King
courttcan
@shelby2121 Ooh, I've been wanting to try poscas! And digital art is totally art - your screen is you sketchbook. I have Adobe Illustrator and play around with it occasionally, but I'm kind of low-tech so it usually does not end up looking as I planned. 😂 Your profile pic looks awesome!
i_dont_kno
Professional
i_dont_kno
3 years, 10 months ago by i_dont_kno
I just like to work on a sketchbook and draw portraits but i'm also no that bad at ink either.
courttcan
Bracelet King
courttcan
@i_dont_kno Yes, I love ink, too! Microns are some of my favorites, but my standby is honestly just plan old Sharpie pens or Bic Gelocity pens. What do you use for ink drawings?
AG13
Bracelet King
AG13
3 years, 10 months ago by AG13
I usually use colored pencils and occasionally markers
AG13
Bracelet King
AG13
and ofc bracelets and bookmarks
courttcan
Bracelet King
courttcan
@AG13 What patterns do you recommend making into bookmarks? I've been wanting to make some. 🙂
AG13
Bracelet King
AG13
@courttcan #21194, #20846, #40916, #38322, #36704
i_dont_kno
Professional
i_dont_kno
3 years, 10 months ago by i_dont_kno
@courttcan I also use micron pens but use sharpie to fill in
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
3 years, 10 months ago by Disney12
You HAVE to try Posca Pens!! I love them so much! Some of my favorite supplies are of course Posca, Prismacolor, and acrylic paint.
courttcan
Bracelet King
courttcan
@Disney12 I thought they were like crazy expensive but I just looked at Michael's and they have a 50% off one item coupon?!?!?! *skkkkrrrrt* *going to Michaels*
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
3 years, 10 months ago by unicorns14
@Shelly2121 I use ibisPaintX too! I also really want poscas but I haven’t got them yet.
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
3 years, 10 months ago by Disney12
They are pretty expensive. I got that coupon too! Thinking about what to buy........😂
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
Poscas are hella expensive and hard to find here
ajmacleay
Professional
ajmacleay
3 years, 10 months ago by ajmacleay
I do a lot of digital art on procreate, but I also like to do just white pare with black pen sort of stuff, zentangles, that sort of stuff, I’ve been wanting to get some poscas but they’re so expensive
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
A@courttcan thank you!
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
Im now trying to animate using flipaclip, but i have warnings for yall if you want to try it:
You can only use three layers, you need to pay to get more
Watch a tutorial to color easier
You need to pay to download music, so I recommend you try placing another music player beside your ipad, play the meme song, and record it as a voiceover.

It is very simple and fun tho, so i still recommend you try it!
flyingduck
Professional
flyingduck
3 years, 10 months ago by flyingduck
Hi I'm not sure embroidery is art, and I've only started this quarantine so I'm not that good yet.