What is the reason you started making bracelet, why keep making them and what does it mean to you.
Xangelus
Advanced
Xangelus
3 years, 12 months ago by Xangelus
There are so many people here And I was thinking to myself I wonder why they started making friendship bracelets. What was the thing that sparked your curiosity and made you fall in love with making bracelets. Was it a friend that was making one and you where fascinated by it and wanted to try it for yourself. Where you watching youtube or surfing the internet and came across a video or site showing you what the bracelets where. Also I wonder after you found out about it what did you do to get started. What is the story about how you started and why you make them. 🤔

If you want to know the reason I make the bracelets and how I discovered it read further if not skip this part. I found at about friendship bracelets due to a random video of marshaknots showing up in my recommendations on youtube. Due to me being badly chronically ill and being bed bound most of the time I was looking for something that did not require allot of physical exertion. The disease causes me to constantly dislocate my joints partially or fully out of the socket which makes moving dangerous and extremely painful Now with corona being in complete isolation due to me being at severe risk if I get sick I found the video really interesting. I am able to make the bracelets in bed without having to move to much. I noticed when I was making the bracelets I totally stopped enough noticing any pain and for the first time in a long time I could relax. It finally allowed me to do something instead of being bored. I also love gaming and this allows me to combine them by making alpha bracelets of my favorite games.

I just joined braceletbook I’m pretty nervous so please treat me well ❤️ . I’m a 27f. This is my first post ever I hope you like the post. If you read the whole post thank you so much here is a cookie as a thank you. 🍪🍪🍪. So anyways tell me your story of how you discovered it and what it means to you.
miss_jessy
Bracelet King
miss_jessy
3 years, 12 months ago by miss_jessy
it might sound cringy but i started making bracelets because of the vsco trend. I kept on making them because they were a great way to pass the time. also, welcome as a new user! 🎉
Xangelus
Advanced
Xangelus
3 years, 12 months ago by Xangelus
Totally not cringy @miss_jessi I think even though the vsco seems weird to other does not make it so you cant like it. Every person likes different things. The whole vsco thing was great in my eyes cause introduced so many people to the wonderful world of friendship bracelets. 😜
heal01
Bracelet King
heal01
3 years, 12 months ago by heal01
@Xangelus When I was in a montessori school, one of the teachers taught me how to make the candystripe (she didn't call it that, though). After I started homeschooling, I tried to start again, but I kinda forgot ow to do it. I didn't really forget, but I couldn't remember the steps properly. So in the meantime, I made bracelets out of loombamds and scooby wires. I would look on youtube for loomband "patterns", and found a candystripe tutorial! Since then, I've come a long way from candystripe. 😜
Faye102
Bracelet King
Faye102
3 years, 12 months ago by Faye102
Uhh idk it’s just something to do 😂
BBYBIRD101
Bracelet King
BBYBIRD101
3 years, 12 months ago by BBYBIRD101
I used to make them when I was about 9 or ten with my cousin but we would just make candy strips by the window and just catch up when I would visit. After that I stopped making them for a while but then friendship brackets came back to trend and I started seeing them all over YouTube so I watched them and I found a big bag of thread at a thrift store! So I started watching tutorials and ever since quarantine started happening I have been advancing my skills! I love giving them away as gifts, and just wearing them lol 😂
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
3 years, 12 months ago by JCai1998
I make bracelets because I don’t own a lot of jewelry. Like my old jewelry have rusty chains, bought from gift shop and they’re childish looking. I remember buy a books from a book fair in elementary school, and the book comes with a necklaces or bracelets and I thought it was cute, but that’s when I was 10 or 12, I’m 22 now.
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
3 years, 12 months ago by JCai1998
Also in camp, (I was probably 13 years old) I saw other kids crafting with Rexlace/craftlace and I got really interested into that. Then after camp I got a kit and I made a bunch of simple box knots, square knot and butterfly knots then stopped making them. (I don’t know why) Then last year I got back make craftlace I made some keychains and a wristlet to attach on my phone case.
arf820
arf820
3 years, 12 months ago by arf820
i started two summers ago at camp with a terribly made 6 string chevron with 3 colors. i loved making it and i wanted to make more. so i made more terribly made chevrons. when camp was over i decided to buy my first bag of very cheap embroidery floss and expanded my horizons... i made a few candystripes in addition to some chevrons😂 however i had no idea how to make any other patterns until i found bracelet book a year later. now that i know that there is more to bracelet making than just chevrons and candystripes my love for bracelet making grew stronger. i love having something to do with my hands that will create something beautiful. i find it so relaxing and therapeutic (except when i mess up on a pattern big time) to see the pattern begin to form knot by knot. and i’ve never done any other handcraft that i was even remotely successful with. so yeah i love bracelet making and i’m so inspired by the community here that i never want to stop!
sheepie
Bracelet King
sheepie
3 years, 12 months ago by sheepie
I think I first found them when my aunt taught me a macrame knot, I was truly fascinated by it and wanted to be able to do it. I was around 7 or 8 at the time a failed miserably. I think I got more interested into it when when my school participated in a camp with 4 or 5 other schools. It was mainly funded by the government and I put my name down to be chosen to go. I was chosen by my school to go there, and when the camp ended the teachers of the groups gave out booklets with some information about some stuff. I was only interested in a diagram on that showed how to make a chinese staircase bracelet. I did research from there, and made some average looking chevrons and candy strips. I fell out of it for multiple reasons but mainly because I lacked patience then. I got back into it when it was a wet day time table at school and made bracelet with some wool i found in the cardboards. I made it and was going to throw it in the bin but my friend piped up and said they would like it. I gave it to her and seeing how she cherished it made me want to start making them again. I found BraceletBook a few months ago.
kateb159
Skiller
kateb159
3 years, 12 months ago by kateb159
I learned how to make a simple candy stripe at summer camp about 3 years ago. I got into making simple bracelets that you don't really need a pattern for. I discovered bracelet book about a year ago and I started to really get into them. I made an account maybe 3 months ago and creating bracelets is just a great way to pass time!
GemmaEliz
Skiller
GemmaEliz
3 years, 12 months ago by GemmaEliz
Honestly? I was in a psych ward and had no leave so I was reeeeaaaaalllly bored and lonely. I made them to fill in the time and to give to staff that I liked. I met a girl in there who was really angry a lot of the time, but I started teaching some to her, and it calmed her a lot so I carried on learning so I could teach her more and more. But when I got out it’s a hobby that just stayed with me. It feels good to be able to create something nice instead of doing something self destructive (not always at the time of making it, but looking back after you’ve made it always feels rewarding!)
l_d_1_3
Bracelet King
l_d_1_3
3 years, 12 months ago by l_d_1_3
when i was like 8 i got a bracelet making kit for my birthday and i made some ugly candystripes and chevrons most of which i didn't finish. then i started again with the whole vsco trend and especially in quarentine i've learned how to make patterns without a tutorial and how to do alphas
CoolKnot
Bracelet King
CoolKnot
3 years, 12 months ago by CoolKnot
When I was younger I was in girl guides... (they do meetings and crafts and sometimes go camping) and they made bracelets a LOT. I’ve only ever made bead bracelets that are so ugly now that I look back at it... and they taught me how to do the candy stripe. I didn’t know it by that name though. All the “cool” girls did them and I learned quickly. My leader could do really fancy patterns and I thought it was cool. I ended up leaving because I never managed to make friends, and I continued to make them for a while. I discovered that you can make cool bracelets with patterns, and I was eager to learn the knots and I loved making normal bracelets.
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
3 years, 12 months ago by Shelly2121
I make bracelets since my friend laura in ballet showed me a heart bracelet she was working on. I didnt have ANY kind of good yarn or string to make one tho, so i forgot about it. When i was watching a loomband tutorial by sarabeautycorner back in november, a recommendation for her chevron tutorial popped up. I made it with yarn, and like evryone else probs noticed in their old bracelets, the knots were incredibly loose. I also learned her heart bracelet, but i ended up stopping since i thought those were the only ones i could make. Then in like march, i saw masha knots beginners guide, clicked the braceletbook link, and thus i was introduced to a whole new world of bracelet patterns 😂

And now im here in self isolation doing nothing else but eat sleep and watch youtube
ally_love
Professional
ally_love
3 years, 12 months ago by ally_love
Well my friend got me into doing bracelets 😂 I didn’t think much of it when I started but now I’ve grown to love making them and I’m really happy she introduced bracelet making to me😌
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
3 years, 12 months ago by Disney12
I started making bracelets because a video on Pinterest for a candy stripe popped up. It looked really fun, so I found some old string and made a VERY bad candy stripe. 😂 That was probably 2 years ago. One year ago I got a bracelet making book and made my first chevron. My friend wanted me to teach her how to make them so I taught her the candy stripe. She was the first one to come across Masha Knots, and she showed her to me. That’s when my bracelets started getting WAY better! I followed a few of her tutorials, then I found braceletbook and learned to read patterns. 😊
ava_marie
Skiller
ava_marie
3 years, 12 months ago by ava_marie
I started making bracelets because I had gone to my grandmas cabin and she had bought me string while we were birthday shopping for me. At first I didn’t know what to do with it, but later on my mom had seen my string at bought me more variety and thought me how to make the candy stripe and rope. I didn’t really branch out for a while because I never knew there were other patterns because I was kinda dumb when I was a little kid. The reason I keep making bracelets is because I like to give back to people that have done me well and I like to make my friends bracelets as well. I also went through a phase where I kept buying string and now I have a overflowing shoe box full of string. 😂 For me it lets me express myself and maintain focus because before I started reading patterns I’d find myself unfocused and doing something else. I recently found an old bracelet and finished it actually. 😂
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
3 years, 12 months ago by unicorns14
I got a kit that showed how to make the candy stripe and chevron, and I wanted to see if there were other bracelets you could make. So I went on YouTube and found Masha Knots, and I am addicted to making bracelets now. XD
zyxwvut
Professional
zyxwvut
3 years, 11 months ago by zyxwvut
I started making bracelets at my sisters swim meets but then I stopped for a while. After that my grandpa asked for one so I started making them again and haven’t stopped since. My grandpa just recently passed and we found that bracelet in his keepsake box along with a bunch of rainbow loom bracelets me and my siblings made😭