Anyone do embroidery?
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 11 months ago by chloe_27
I want to start it as a hobby. Any videos I should watch for people who are starting?
FROGIE
Professional
FROGIE
3 years, 11 months ago by FROGIE
I have done a little embroidery and cross stitch 😂 i don't have videos, but i do have some knowledge to share, so if you have any questions I can try to answer ❤️
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 11 months ago by chloe_27
@FROGIE any tips?
FROGIE
Professional
FROGIE
3 years, 11 months ago by FROGIE
Try to not cut too much string at once, it tangles very easily. Especially since you're only using 2 or 3 strands of your floss. I would look up some basic stitches, practice them a little, then jump right in! 😂 maybe start with an iron on pattern, so you have lines to follow! ❤️
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
3 years, 11 months ago by awesome563
I started with cross stitch and I honestly found it easier because it’s easier to make one of the kits in my opinion. I found that when separating your thread it’s easiest to put the two separated sections in your hand and hold the thread that hasn’t been separated yet in between your knees (it helps a bit to avoid tangling)
meggiexxx
Skiller
meggiexxx
3 years, 11 months ago by meggiexxx
I do embroidery and it is really fun. I recommend using the thread with six strands and using two at a time. that way you will get lots of use out of it.
aa7648
Bracelet King
aa7648
3 years, 11 months ago by aa7648
@chloe_27 you should definitely try it, it’s pretty fun. I’d recommend just drawing out a pattern then going over it with thread. There aren’t any channels in particular that I’d recommend, but if you look up beginner embroidery stitches there are a bunch of videos
apurva
Bracelet King
apurva
3 years, 11 months ago by apurva
Yep
my_bcc
Professional
my_bcc
3 years, 11 months ago by my_bcc
I do a bit of embroidery, and I would definitely recommend it! ❤️
ema77
Bracelet King
ema77
3 years, 11 months ago by ema77
Idk if anyone said this already. But draw out what you’re going to do because it makes it soo much easier. Then it’s just like coloring it all in with string. If you search embroidery 101, there’s a good video 👍🏽
CoolKnot
Bracelet King
CoolKnot
3 years, 11 months ago by CoolKnot
Takes a lot of time if you have a lot of time on your hands. I would start with something really small (like bracelet sized) just to understand all the different stitches and once you get the hang of it jump right in!
roxy
Professional
roxy
3 years, 11 months ago by roxy
I've started a little I haven't done much but this is the first one I tried: https://www.instructables.com/id/Mountain-Embroidery-Sampler-Free-Pattern/
and then later I bought a pattern on etsy of a pineapple and I've done that one too
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/603617172/pineapple-hand-embroidery-patterns-pdf?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=embroidery+pattern+pineapple&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

I also did a bit of cross stitch and I started with a little kit from Michaels and then I bought some Harry Potter patterns on Etsy and i've done 2 of them so far.