Anyone have a bird?
monica-_-
Professional
monica-_-
3 years, 11 months ago by monica-_-
Im getting a sun conure soon, but I’m curious how many other people here have birds or was a bird as a pet 🙂
_lauren_
Bracelet King
_lauren_
3 years, 11 months ago by _lauren_
my bird flew so high it exploded into little tiny corndogs
miss_jessy
Bracelet King
miss_jessy
3 years, 11 months ago by miss_jessy
i have two budgies! i love birbs so muchh
Fluffball
Bracelet King
Fluffball
3 years, 11 months ago by Fluffball
I had birds once! They were all rescue birds. My first one was a saffron finch. We found him at my school in a bush as a baby. He couldn't fly so we took him home. He became our new pet! We had him for about four years. Then he flew away to be with his own kind ❤
georgia_h
Professional
georgia_h
3 years, 11 months ago by georgia_h
I wish I did but I just don’t have the time for a pet
Carina_C
Bracelet King
Carina_C
3 years, 11 months ago by Carina_C
My dad's coworker surrendered an African grey to us because he was moving. Beautiful bird, mean as heck. That bird does not like anyone. I guess he bonded with the coworker an no one else. I advise you to train your bird to not bite when they are younger. Have them climb on your hand. If they start to bite, set them on the floor. Birds feel, well, smaller on the ground and might learn over time not to bite. Our bird has gravitated to my dad a slight bit but will still bite him. I am in the process of teaching our African grey not to be so nippy. Positive renforcement is very effective so far. Feed them snacks like plain nuts, seeds, or whatever would fit their diet. Progress had been to the point where I may pet his back for only a while. 😁

Also note parrots are extremely intelligent and require interaction daily. They also pick up on phrases if they talk. Be careful what you say around them. 🙈
Carina_C
Bracelet King
Carina_C
@monica-_-
monica-_-
Professional
monica-_-
Carina_C that is amazing I have an African grey at the moment and he only likes my sisters, we have had him for 14 years tho and I never really got the chance to bond with him, I’ve been trying for more than a year and I guess he dosnt like me, I also have a cocktail who recently lost her mate so she dosnt tweet as much any more and dosnt let anyone touch her
monica-_-
Professional
monica-_-
@Carina_C
myong
Bracelet King
myong
3 years, 11 months ago by myong
I used to have two Fischer's lovebirds.
Carina_C
Bracelet King
Carina_C
My condolences to you shrimp cocktail @monica-_-
knotalot1
Bracelet King
knotalot1
3 years, 11 months ago by knotalot1
I have two ducks and four chickens!
_Bunny_
Bracelet King
_Bunny_
3 years, 11 months ago by _Bunny_
i have two budgies! we got two from a pet store around 8 years ago and then one died so we got another one from a shelter so she wouldn’t be lonely. they are not tame and my family kind of gave up on that so we just leave their cage door open so they can fly around (they don’t do that much anymore cuz they are old) and put them in at night. we also brought in some huge tree branches from outside and set them up so they can stand on them and we hang toys for them to play with. i wish we could have tamed them but when we got them, i was still really young and my parents didn’t do a lot of research so they didn’t know how. i would try and tame them now but it’s hard because we don’t clip their wings, they are old, and they have already bonded with each other so it’s really hard. it’s fine though because they have pretty good lives and we don’t keep them locked up all day so they can actually fly around and stretch their wings. 🤷‍♀️
jdelauter
Professional
jdelauter
3 years, 11 months ago by jdelauter
i wish i had a bird it’s my dream pet
beep33
Bracelet King
beep33
3 years, 11 months ago by beep33
I had chickens but then they all got eaten (NOT BY ME OR MY FAMILY)