Materials other than embroidery floss to make bracelets
viviknots
Bracelet King
viviknots
3 years, 11 months ago by viviknots
What are some other materials beside embroidery floss I can use to make bracelets?
What size crochet yarn do u use? Where can I find alize yarn(the sparkly ones masha knots uses)?
-vanessa
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
3 years, 11 months ago by BeadGirl16
@viviknots I made a topic in Hints about the Alize yarn and where you can get it if you want to check that out. For crochet thread, the most common size (I think) is 10. It’s smaller than embroidery floss and it’s about the size of Alize Forever. I haven’t used size 10, but I was able to find some size 5 crochet thread at Hobby Lobby which should be around the same size as DMC’s size 5 pearl cotton. Since I just got it I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. Also, at my Hobby Lobby I found a big ball of white sparkly thread. The brand is Rústica Eclat.
allierae54
Bracelet King
allierae54
3 years, 11 months ago by allierae54
some people use craft cord and although its easier to take knots out of craft cord if you mess up, I like the way embroidery string looks
dray
Professional
dray
3 years, 11 months ago by dray
I like using pearl cotton thread. It works very well for alphas
dray
Professional
dray
3 years, 11 months ago by dray
And it doesn’t fray!
elephants1
Bracelet King
elephants1
3 years, 11 months ago by elephants1
I use yarn. It’s a bit thicker tho!
alyssanead
Bracelet King
alyssanead
3 years, 10 months ago by alyssanead
Hair! 🤪
seaturtles
Bracelet King
seaturtles
3 years, 10 months ago by seaturtles
I bought some waxed cord and I’m excited to try making bracelets using it!
heal01
Bracelet King
heal01
3 years, 10 months ago by heal01
I normally use wool/yarn off amazon.
Carina_C
Bracelet King
Carina_C
3 years, 10 months ago by Carina_C
I use a combo of embroidery floss and craft cord from Loops & Threads! I like craft cord as it doesn't fray or separate at all, and I like the embroidery floss for the color selection. If you shop at Michael's, they have hooks full of sparkly thread as well next to the small bins of the floss and cord. You can really use anything, but I suggest craft cord and embroidery floss as what you normally would use.