are you scared to use your thread?
isabellarm
Bracelet King
isabellarm
4 years ago by isabellarm
im always super resilient to using lots of my thread, which is one of the main reasons why i don’t really make alphas. are you guys the same? or do you use all your string up asap? just wanted to know what you guys do LOL
Andyish
Bracelet King
Andyish
4 years ago by Andyish
kinda sorta not really
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
4 years ago by SC00PSAH0Y
Lol yes so i like to make small alphas usually if i do. Then Alex from Alex’s Innovations said that “whats the point in having string if you dont use them” and now I am more okay when using it but still a bit resilient.
emilykrok3
Professional
emilykrok3
4 years ago by emilykrok3
YES! I am always nervous about using string, but i just like to remember that if i run out, that's just another excuse to have some fun shopping for more! plus, the whole point of having it is to use it, so you might as well make the most of it
Ladybugtlc
Professional
Ladybugtlc
4 years ago by Ladybugtlc
I wasn't scared of using my thread before the pandemic. Now I am. I don't know what I would do if I ran out.
KenzieKnot
Professional
KenzieKnot
4 years ago by KenzieKnot
Yeah! Thats kinda why i don’t wanna make a new pattern incase it doesn’t workout in my favour and then i waste my thread!!even though i have almost every single colour in the dmc thread range x4 haha idk why tho! But i’m glad someone else can relate, makes me seem a little less crazy haha
ajmacleay
Professional
ajmacleay
4 years ago by ajmacleay
Lol this is so me, I always see patterns I want to do but then I’m like, I don’t wanna use up my thread
poppit
Bracelet King
poppit
4 years ago by poppit
Same lol
Tango27
Bracelet King
Tango27
4 years ago by Tango27
I am exactly the same! I make really thin bracelets and don’t use my favorite colors to save them!
sofia321
Skiller
sofia321
4 years ago by sofia321
@Tango27 same
kylah
Professional
kylah
4 years ago by kylah
Yes!
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years ago by unicorns14
Yes! I get so scared to use black and white because a lot of bracelets use it.
allierae54
Bracelet King
allierae54
4 years ago by allierae54
I'm not scared to use a lot of thread anymore because I got a ton for my birthday
allierae54
Bracelet King
allierae54
4 years ago by allierae54
but I was before
xojenz
Bracelet King
xojenz
4 years ago by xojenz
yes omg!! it gets pretty expensive after a while. but I found if you buy rolls of white or black strings to make alphas its way cheaper, its only $4 with a lot of string
2014pumpki
Bracelet King
2014pumpki
4 years ago by 2014pumpki
I usually make 12 to 20 string bracelets because I'm scared to use too much thread an I usually don't cut enough thread. I also don't use that much purple or orange because I don't have that much.
Haka_yt
Bracelet King
Haka_yt
4 years ago by Haka_yt
Yesssss lol
Andyish
Bracelet King
Andyish
4 years ago by Andyish
I hate when it’s on bobbins and it looks like your just running out when you use it
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
Yes don’t want to waste any haha I’m just so afraid that I’ll forget what colors I run out of
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
@KenzieKnot what are your thoughts on this