Anyone autistic here?
AnoukKnoll
Skiller
AnoukKnoll
1 week, 4 days ago by AnoukKnoll
I received my own diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) about 2 or 3 years ago, and I'd be happy to connect with others who are affected.

My journey:
For a long time, I wondered if my diagnosis might be a mistake because I didn't exhibit many of the typical symptoms.

I have a strong sense of irony. In fact, about 80% of my spoken language is ironic.
Making friends has never been a challenge for me; in fact, I've always managed to connect with someone easily.

I could talk about this for hours, but especially over the last year, I've learned more about ASD.
I now feel that the diagnosis might indeed be correct.

However, I've noticed something else:
Whether or not I am truly autistic, there are certain challenges in my life that limit me regardless of the label.

Now, what are my symptoms?

I won't list them all here, but I'll highlight the ones that bother me the most and are most noticeable.

1. Selective mutism is perhaps my most limiting symptom. I struggle to talk about my feelings and problems, no matter how difficult they are. When alone, I can sometimes gather my thoughts, but in the moment, I find it impossible to speak. I've tried writing letters as an alternative, but as soon as I pick up a pen, my mind goes blank.

2. In some areas, I lack imagination entirely. I struggle with creating mind maps or visualizing ideas, which would greatly assist me in my aspiration to become a writer. Although my writing style is strong, I often can't find the right story that captivates from the outset, and this is frustrating.

3. I am a perfectionist to an extreme degree. If I can't achieve perfection, I lose interest and often don't complete tasks.

4. While I can maintain eye contact initially, I tend to forget the topic of conversation or struggle to maintain eye contact for long periods.

5. I often feel like I don't belong fully. Despite easily making friends, I frequently experience a sense of detachment or separation from others, though I'm unsure why.

Enough about me
please share your story and/or symptoms. If you are not autistic, feel free to tell me about your experiences with autistic individuals and how you perceive them.

Love u all
Anouk ❤️
banankage
Advanced
banankage
1 week, 4 days ago by banankage
here🙋‍♀️ I was diagnosed in February this year and I’ve been struggling a lot lately. I’m in the middle of an identity crisis and just lost my 2 only friends :/ if anyone has any way of cheering me up you’re very welcome : )
Julia_2009
Bracelet King
Julia_2009
1 week, 4 days ago by Julia_2009
@banakage I suggest finding a comfort music artist. Whenever I'm sad I listen to Cavetown and if calms me down instantly and helps me forget about all my problems
Julia_2009
Bracelet King
Julia_2009
1 week, 4 days ago by Julia_2009
@banankage
banankage
Advanced
banankage
1 week, 4 days ago by banankage
@Julia_2009 thank you so much!!
Autienaut
Advanced
Autienaut
1 week, 4 days ago by Autienaut
I was diagnosed 4 years ago this June and it saved my life honestly, it definitely needs speaking about more people still just don't get it : )
FrancesKim
Advanced
FrancesKim
1 week, 2 days ago by FrancesKim
painting is one of my favorite activities
FrancesKim
Advanced
FrancesKim
1 week, 2 days ago by FrancesKim
oh i Thought that said artistic! i left my peepers by my table