all f1 fans: was the alonso penalty deserved??
ikillcacti
Advanced
ikillcacti
2 months, 1 week ago by ikillcacti
i do htink so,, looking at the telemetry i think he was clearly braketesting. i like him, but that was dirty

anyway what are your opinions???
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
2 months, 1 week ago by kpn
that was a lot of time, ofc it wasn't. as michael masi said (under the wrong circumstances), we had a motor race. it happens and it's rough, but he didn't deserve it
ikillcacti
Advanced
ikillcacti
@kpn
racing is racing,, but erratic/unpredictable driving is banned for a very very good reason in basically any motorsport or other kind of racing
and yeah i do think 20sec is a lot, but thats just the penalty on brakechecking isnt it
on top of that, any penalty less wouldve barely punished him
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
@ikillcacti yeah you're right, and i'm glad they penalised him, but i don't think he was looking to cause crashes. nonetheless, he did deserve a penalty but not 20 seconds lol
ikillcacti
Advanced
ikillcacti
@kpn yeah makes sense
i dont htink he was looking for a crash either but i really wonder why you'd brake 50-100m before the corner if not to cause trouble though

but oh well the only reason im really thinking about this is because it annoys me that when alonso does it everyone hates the fia but imagine if the roles were reversed, or this was hamilton or verstappen.... no way people would just call it part of the sport lmao
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
true 😂 honestly i think the fia gets a lot of things wrong but so do we. ultimately we weren't there, only the drivers. i'd like to think they make an effort to play fair, but cheating is the reality.
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
sry that sent too early anyways it's what happens sometimes, but maybe everyone just backs off and plays nicely? ofc, it wouldn't be f1 anymore, but i'm pro safety here
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
f1 is a massive popularity contest change my mind
ikillcacti
Advanced
ikillcacti
@kpn
exactly exactly
why do i kinda feel like theyre on a consistency streak this season tho??? like theyre not being as weird as id expect them to be?? but maybe thats because rb has been causing enough insanity for the

idk theyre punishing really harshly but i really just hope it means theyll finally become consistent
ikillcacti
Advanced
ikillcacti
@kpn
it 100% isssss and its kinda driving me insane
like i just cant stand the hypocricy of fans sometimes because if albon or verstappen does something i dont agree with i'll definitely call them out on it
everyones fav drivers do smth crappy every once in a while no one is hating you for still supporting htem?? just dont support the crappy thing they did man
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
this season is too exciting to be true this year so OBVS smth's up haha but yeah, i feel like the fia does play for the fans sometimes since that's where money rolls in from. and if a driver is acting bad, you don't have to support that. life turns on a dime, nobody's perfect, and you're bound to crack under the public eye in a game like this
ikillcacti
Advanced
ikillcacti
@kpn exactlyyyy

and while verstappen is doing his thing again the backfield is so lkajslkajs im loving it sm again
and i started watching f2 and f1a this season and ive never been more obsessed with motorsport, spec racing has changed my life im telling you
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
dude f2 has been my absolute lifeblood during the Verstappen Era
ikillcacti
Advanced
ikillcacti
@kpn
i already watched a few races last year but this season when ive just been watching all of it??? amazing im obsessed
i dont even support anyone im just here for the racing and the pure chaos in there
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
i love prema but it's so nice to genuinely cheer for everyone (both f1 and f2), that's my problem with all other sports is that there's always someone you don't like
ikillcacti
Advanced
ikillcacti
@kpn

in f2 im just supporting whoever is overtaking,, with some cases where i really enjoy the defence, but i barely even know the names and teams because im too focused on the amount of action everywhere
in f1 i literally had to pick a different dude to support cause the one i grew up supporting (verstappen) got too boring
ikillcacti
Advanced
ikillcacti
and f1A?!?!??! loving a bit of no-drs racing as well bc the genius is even better
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
i need to watch f1a, that sounds so good
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
i started watching in 2021, got wildly spoiled by a fantastic season, and here i am now paying it all back with potential
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
potentially 4 seasons of Max Domination