eclipse
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
2 months ago by fishyknots
do y'all have any plans for the upcoming eclipse?

we're going to visit some family who live around the line of totality for a few days and see the eclipse : )
tkd2010
Bracelet King
tkd2010
2 months ago by tkd2010
@fishyknots ooooo fun! i honestly had no clue abt it until my aunt told me yesterday. it’s just a few hours from where i live & apparently schools are shutting down & everything since so many people are coming from all over to see it
sourapples
Skiller
sourapples
2 months ago by sourapples
When is the eclipse and i probs don’t my family never goes anywhere 😒😭😂
lynx123
Bracelet King
lynx123
2 months ago by lynx123
I live in the path of totality and all the schools and stuff are closing for it
gaily_gal
Bracelet King
gaily_gal
2 months ago by gaily_gal
i don’t live anywhere near where the eclipse is happening unfortunately 😭

and if i were to see it, we’d have to book a flight or drive for a couple of days to get to somewhere in the path of totality
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
@sourapples it’s on april 8
Professional
2 months ago by 18390648
My school is ending an hour early bc of it I live in a spot where I will see it almost entirely it’s like 91.*something*% or whatever
ningc98
Bracelet King
ningc98
2 months ago by ningc98
my school is letting us go outside to see it and they’re providing glasses too
RyanMarieS
Bracelet King
RyanMarieS
2 months ago by RyanMarieS
@fishyknots where is the line of eclipse?
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
@RyanMarieS you can find maps online, just search up eclipse line of totality. i think it goes through 13 states from texas to maine
xc2024
Professional
xc2024
1 month, 3 weeks ago by xc2024
my physics teacher is obsessed with it so i think we are skipping class for it
uh_robertt
Professional
uh_robertt
1 month, 3 weeks ago by uh_robertt
I’m driving to Indiana because I don’t live in the path. Nothing in my town is happening because it’s only partial.
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
1 month, 3 weeks ago by Hylia224
I'm literally just going to stand out on our deck with a welding mask over my face lol
BlueCat123
Bracelet King
BlueCat123
1 month, 3 weeks ago by BlueCat123
I’m having a bunch of friends and family coming over to my house because my house is in the totally line I’m so excited!
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
1 month, 3 weeks ago by fishyknots
@BlueCat123 ooh fun!
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
1 month, 3 weeks ago by fishyknots
@Hylia224 haha stay safe
chris07
Bracelet King
chris07
1 month, 3 weeks ago by chris07
I live in the best city to see the eclipse🤣
Penguins24
Professional
Penguins24
1 month, 3 weeks ago by Penguins24
I live in the path of totality! Schools are closing and I’m going to a friends house to watch with her! I’ve literally known about it/been waiting for it for 7 years because in 5th grade I went on a plantetarium field trip and they told us about it
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
1 month, 2 weeks ago by Tikilishi
We were panicking earlier because we couldn't find our eclipse glasses listed on the official AAS website, so we thought we got scammed, lol. But we eventually found them, it's just a super long list.

Here is an article about eclipse glasses safety precautions to prevent permanent eye damage - https://science.nasa.gov/eclipses/future-eclipses/eclipse-2024/safety/

Here is an article that lists legitimate eclipse glasses - https://eclipse.aas.org/eye-safety/viewers-filters

I'm super excited for it!
Cow29
Professional
Cow29
1 month, 2 weeks ago by Cow29
I am close to the path of totality so it will basically be like a sunset randomly temporarily for me. I am excited though!!! Last eclipse (in 2016 or 2017 whenever) i had like 20% coverage so having 91% is nice!