Take this knotting realted quiz!
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
1 month, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
I find really interesting that how different people knot, so I have a few questions for you! 😊

1. Alpha, normal or both?

2. Segment knotting or row-by-row method?

3. Knotting on a desk, clipboard or something else?

4. When do you usually knot (like in the morning, evenings, etc.)?

5. What kind of starts and ends do you prefer making at normals?

6. What kind of starts and ends do you prefer making at alphas?

7. From how long have you been knotting?

8. How you started making bracelets?

9. When did you made an account on here?

10. Wallhangings or keychains?

11. Do you like a back of an alpha?

12. Do you like trying new techniques?

13. How long was your biggest slump?

14. How knotting improved your life?

Anddd the last question:

15. What keeps you motivated to make bracelets?

Thanks for putting your time in reading and maybe answer this quiz. Hope you have an amazing day! ❤️
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
1 month, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
OMG I JUST REALIZED THAT I SPELLED "RELATED" WRONG IN THE TITLE I'M SO SORRY!!!! 😱 😭
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
1 month, 1 week ago by fishyknots
1. alpha
2. segment knotting
3. clipboard
4. whenever i feel like it 😂 (usually afternoon/evening)
5. loop -> triangle end
6. loop -> 2 triangle ends
7. 1 year
8. my aunt taught me when I was 5
9. april 2023, 3 months after i started knotting seriously
10. keychain
11. yep they look cool sometimes
12. not really once i found the ones i like
13. maybe like 2 months?
14. it's a relaxing hobby
15. the end result
tkd2010
Bracelet King
tkd2010
1 month, 1 week ago by tkd2010
1. normal. 2. segment knotting. 3. i usually use tape. 4. usually in the evenings. 5. triangle starts & ends. 6. double triangle starts & ends. 7. since spring of 2020. 8. i was rlly bored right before quarantine started so i bought some thread. then when quarantine started i became obsessed. 9. spring of 2020 (when i was barely starting). 10. keychains. 11. no i think it looks kinda messy. 12. not rlly, i like to stay in my comfort zone. 13. abt 10 months. 14. it helps a lot with my anxiety. 14. honestly, giving bracelets to my friends! especially my two best friends who both have a ton and always wear at least one every day <3
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
1 month, 1 week ago by Hylia224
I love this idea!
1. Both lol
2. Row by row! It's the way I learned and I tried to segment knot with a 20 string bracelet and I feel like it didn't turn out as nice
3. Clipboard with slits in the bottom for 14 strings
4. Usually the afternoon or at night before I go to bed
5. A braid and triangle start if I can
6. Braid and triangle start as well lol
7. Spring of 2019 I think
8. I had gotten a kit for Christmas with instructions on how to read patterns and make bracelets
9. Summer of 2023!
10. Definitely keychains
11. Yes, unless i seriously messed it up lol
12. Usually. But if it looks extremely complicated then I'll be more hesitant in trying it
13. 6 months or so I think
14. It has inspired me to be more outgoing and I think it has helped with some anxiety
~15~ the smiles I get when I give someone a bracelet. Just their reaction to a little thing I made with my hands is enough ❤️
gaily_gal
Bracelet King
gaily_gal
1 month, 1 week ago by gaily_gal
1. both but im in my normal phase rn
2. segment knotting
3. clipboard or pillow
4. usually in the evening
5. loop and triangle ends
6. braided ties
7. since mid 2019 (4-5 ish years but technically only 2-3 cause of a huge slump)
8. got a kit for my birthday in ‘19
9. july 2023
10. keychains
11. yeah cause it looks interesting
12. if it’s cool and easy then yes
13. 2 & 1/2 years omg
14. it keeps me busy + it’s fun
15. finishing it + expanding my collection
Kayla517
Professional
Kayla517
1 month, 1 week ago by Kayla517
1. Depends on mood but in general alpha 2.segment 3. Safety pin on fabric or tape on binder depending on if I start with a loop 4. Usually between late afternoon to evening 5.Either a single twist tie on both sides or loop at start with two twist ties at end and always do triangle ends 6.Same as normal 7.May 2023 8. Bought some cheap craft thread and found out by watching YouTube tutorials 9. October 2023 10. Keychains 11. They’re cool to look at 12. I do usually because it helps learn more 13. Probably 3 weeks 14. Makes me feel more creative and less dependent on shopping 15. Tell myself to do a bit everyday and always seeing new ideas and patterns.
PurpleRed
Professional
PurpleRed
1 month, 1 week ago by PurpleRed
1- both. 2- I only know how to do row by row lol. 3- okay the way I do this is kinda weird, so I take all my base strings and put them in a mason jar and screw the lid on, which keeps the in place really nicely so I can make tight knots and not have the strings move. Then for extra stability I put the jar in a drawer and close it as much as I can…it’s odd but it works lol. 4- whenever I have free time and feel like it, which can be whenever. 5- I usually braid all of them. 7- I started knitting in 2021, been doing it on and off since then. 8- a friend taught me and my friend group how to make them for a class retreat, and I really liked it so I bought some string and kept going. 9- February of 2024. 10- wallhangings take SO LONGG but are super worth it in the end. Keychains are nice too though. 11- no but, it is what it is. 12- yes! But I tend to give up pretty easily and it can be frustrating. 13- I think 6-10 months. 14- it helps with my anxiety a crap tone. It’s such a comforting activity to me, I love it so much. 15- the outcome, the beautiful designs people make and being able to give them to people and make them happy. Thanks for this quiz! It was super fun 😄
PurpleRed
Professional
PurpleRed
Oops I meant I only know how to segment knot. My bad
PurpleRed
Professional
PurpleRed
Also knotting not knitting 😭😭😭
kamilii777
Professional
kamilii777
1 month, 1 week ago by kamilii777
Both, segment, clipboard, late night like 1am, triangles starts and ends, triangle start and ends, since august 2023, I found an old bracelet from 2019 I made and continued it and I found it really fun and did research, I made this account in September or august 2023, keychains I am yet to make a wall hanging, Yes it shows my labour of each color change, yes but its scary sometimes, 3 weeks 😭, knotting gives me an activity to do when im stressed, happy, every emotion and it keeps me calm, making my bracelet stack larger!!
kamilii777
Professional
kamilii777
1 month, 1 week ago by kamilii777
I always do a loop I can never not do a loop even if it isnt the same string idc
unique_ly
Bracelet King
unique_ly
1 month, 1 week ago by unique_ly
1. Both, actually

2. Segment knotting

3. On my purse where you typically put keychains (if there’s a loop)

4. Whenever I feel like it 😛

5. Loops and twisted ties

6. The same with normals

7. About a year, I guess?

8. Needed some crafty way too make money for fun, and I found out about friendship bracelets online

9. 3 months ago

10. Keychains (I’ll need to muster some HIGH motivation for the former…)

11. No, if it’s not neat, but absolutely yes if it is, it almost looks better than the front

12. Yesss

13. 2 weeks?

14. In short, in more ways than one

15. The occasional money, but also having a collection of things that were made by me, and plus, I get to wear them.
unearthly
Professional
unearthly
1 month, 1 week ago by unearthly
1. alpha 2. segment 3. clipboard 4. in the afternoon 5. triangles 6. triangles 7. i think almost 5 years? i started the summer of 2019 8. my aunt got me a bracelet making kit as a gift 9. i think 2021-2022 10. keychains 11. no 12. sometimes i do if i feel like itll make my bracelets easier to make/look better 13. like 2 years💀 14. its a hobby and it gives me something to do with my free time 15. the community on braceletbook ngl, like seeing all the challenges and photos and the community tab
Cow28
Bracelet King
Cow28
1 month, 1 week ago by Cow28
1. Both

2. Segment knotting

3. On a desk with a clipboard

4. Whenever I have free time pretty much 🤪

5. I like adding a button w/ a teardrop loop

6. Same as normals

7. About 5 years but not consistently. For the first 2 it was only Chinese staircases I had no idea about others 😂. The most consistently tho like since I joined bb.

8. My cousin thought me candy stripe then years later I learned others. What’s funny is the tables have turned and now I’ve taught my cousin to make a candy stripe

9. 3 months ago

10. keychains but I’d like to make a wall hanging someday

11. Um wdym

12. Yes! Unless I’m feeling lazy

13. A year or two before I really learned more than a Chinese staircase

14. I am not bored as much and I always have something to look forward to doing

Anddd the last question:

15. It’s just so fun and Bracelet Book challenges really help too
Cupcakafro
Professional
Cupcakafro
1 month, 1 week ago by Cupcakafro
1. Alpha!
2. Row by row! Segment knotting confuses me 🫠
3. So I have this flat piece of....I don't exactly know what it is XD It's supposed to go under my computer to protect me from the EMFs, but I tape my bracelet to it and do it in my bed😆
4. Evenings, but my work scedule just got changed to all evenings, so that may change lol
5. I haven't actually made a normal in a while! But it looks like a loop with ties at the end?
6. I LOVe wallhangings! So those starts with tapestry ends 😍
7. I FIRST started, like the first time I ever made a friendship string bracelet was probably....three years ago? But then I stopped doing it for a couple years, and then got back into it XD I'm a phase kinda gal
8. A friend who's a few years older than me, originally introduced me to chevrons and it bloomed from there
9. Just last year!! 🎉
10. Oh my gosh I love both so so much. But let's go with wallhangings
11. Why not! I don't really have much thought on it XD I don't notice it (;
12. Yep!! Soon I hope to learn how to make those bookmark ones!!!
13. I guess technically two years? XD But it was less of a slump, more of switching and dropping hobbies. But I came back to it so it's okay 😌
14. Well I've sold some! And it's great for gifting, and it makes me feel special when I finish one XP
15. The cute outcomes!!

Also don't worry about the typo XDD If I'm being honest, I didn't notice till you said it 😂 😎
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month, 1 week ago by kpn
1. both for sureee 2. SEGMENT 3. something else, i put the knot in he headphone jack of my ipad 😅 4. evenings
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month, 1 week ago by kpn
oop sry didn't finish! anyways 5. adjustable braid 6. just making it on a safety pin with larks head and tying it off 7. yes 8. camp ofc 9. a few months ago 10. keychains 11. it's cool 12. definitely 13. six years 14. relaxing and i listen to podcasts and audiobooks lol 15. if i don't finish the string is wasted, plus i love the cool patterns
ningc98
Bracelet King
ningc98
1 month, 1 week ago by ningc98
1. alpha

2. row-by-row (my segment knotting never turns out right 😂)

3. clipboard

4. at the end of the day to wind down

5. teardrop loop start, triangle ends

6. teardrop loop start, braided ends

7. about 4 years on-and-off, i really started knotting this january

8. bracelet kit for my 8th b-day

9. this january

10. keychains

11. yes, the progress is cool

12. sometimes

13. idk awhile

14. helped me relax after a long day

15. the satisfaction of finishing and seeing the result
Wolf-lover
Bracelet King
Wolf-lover
1 month, 1 week ago by Wolf-lover
1. both 2.Segment knotting 3. clipboard 4. Idk 😐 5. Triangle ends 6. Alpha triangle ends 7. 3 ish years 8. At a summer camp 9. 1 year and 4 months 10. Keychains 11. NO 12. Yes 😊 13. A few months 14. Idk 🤔 15. I like watching YouTube of somebody else knotting 👍