I need some help plz
Puppy12345
Bracelet King
Puppy12345
3 years, 2 months ago by Puppy12345
So, I'm gonna be selling some bracelets at a little shop but I'm by sure what some reasonable prices are, anyone have any ideas? Some of the bracelets I will be making is the lattice cheveron,daisy chain bracelet,some of @sodapop animal patterns and whatever cute 12 string normal patterns I can find. So yeah If you have ideas for what to price any of those please tell me (also the shop I'm selling them at will most likely want some profit too)
Puppy12345
Bracelet King
Puppy12345
Also #67403 (hence the pfp)
Puppy12345
Bracelet King
Puppy12345
Also, if you come across any country/western/farm pattern PLEASE tell me (it's the "theme" of the shop I'm selling at) because I can't find very many
ClaraW
Professional
ClaraW
3 years, 2 months ago by ClaraW
I personally think one of the animal bracelets should be $5.00
But if that shop thinks they need a good profit then maybe 7- $14.00
Good Luck By The Way! I hope you get lots of sales! 😊 👍
ClaraW
Professional
ClaraW
3 years, 2 months ago by ClaraW
Also @Racoon has some farm animal patterns that might be good. I put some of them here! 👍
#49077 #49074 #49073 #49072 #49071
I don't know if thats what you're looking for, but I thought I'd just give you the idea.
lucass_
Bracelet King
lucass_
3 years, 2 months ago by lucass_
i think normals should be like 5 ish. but alphas definitely should be (like ^^ said.) 7-14. cuz u have to buy string for the base and that kinda sucks up a lotta money
lucass_
Bracelet King
lucass_
3 years, 2 months ago by lucass_
oh yeah and gl
sodapop
Bracelet King
sodapop
3 years, 2 months ago by sodapop
Hi, I think up to 12-string normals could go for $4-5 and alphas for around $8-12, or more for bigger ones. Also, I think people might like to buy keychains too!

I recommend getting a roll of # 3 crochet thread for alpha base strings. Where I live it's only about $4 (or less) per 150 yards and it's very smooth and easy to work with, and makes really nice sturdy bracelets.

Here's some fun western theme patterns:
#73598 cowboy sunset
#41652 large cowboy sunset
#80835 boot cactus
#26079 chickens
#35730 simple aztec
#16657 tribal
#45947 chili peppers
#24838 aztec

Normals:
Puppy12345
Bracelet King
Puppy12345
@sodapop Wow! Thank you for the tips and all of the cool pattern ideas! I acctually just finished a pattern of yours, it was a little cow with the flowers and I'm working on your horse one!
Puppy12345
Bracelet King
Puppy12345
@sodapop also the tip about the crochet thread is REALLY helpful, I've geared people talking about it but I just didn't know what size. I'm gonna buy some next time I go to the store because I've used up SO MUCH white thread for base strings.
sodapop
Bracelet King
sodapop
3 years, 2 months ago by sodapop
You're welcome! I'm super happy you like my patterns! 🥰💕

The crochet thread is more common in size 10, which is thinner than embroidery floss. I use that size too, but I tend to get frustrated more often with it.
I have black and white in both sizes and here's what I discovered:

# 10
more yards per roll
somewhat tangles and sticks to other strings
makes really flexible, thin and flat bookmarks

smooth to work with and doesn't tangle easliy
helps keep nice straight edges (best part!)
makes firm keychains/bracelets
can be a bit bulky...
so you might have to get creative when it comes time for bracelet ends. A few strings may need to be cut off short to reduce the added bulk so the ties aren't too thick.

Do keep in mind that either size will work just fine though, and you don't have to feel guilty about using it up! 😂 😂 You could also get Amazon bulk packs of white floss for leading alpha strings and normal patterns 😄
Mhetland34
Bracelet King
Mhetland34
3 years, 1 month ago by Mhetland34
Don’t do bad
cheetah12
Bracelet King
cheetah12
3 years, 1 month ago by cheetah12
I think that the keychains should be 4-5ish $....
btw i don't mean to be mean but i'm just trying to help u incase you don't do this then get in trouble...so sorry if this offends u somehow but.... make sure to ask the creators of the patterns if its okay with them to sell their bracelets.
Puppy12345
Bracelet King
Puppy12345
3 years, 1 month ago by Puppy12345
@sodapop I got some of the #3 thread this weekend! I tried to use it as a leading string instead of base string and I had to restart cuz it was a different size than my other thread lol but It DEFFENITLY works good as base strings
sodapop
Bracelet King
sodapop
3 years, 1 month ago by sodapop
@Puppy12345 Oh that's great! Yes, I've only seen crochet thread in completely unmatching sizes to embroidery floss, so it doesn't really work well for a leading string in alphas 🙈

But it might be good for knotting with just itself, like for textured macrame bracelets in a diamond or braid pattern using just one color... like #57495 or #52643😄
The thickness is similar to macrame cord, so you could also look on YouTube for some simple macrame bracelets.

I sure do love it for base strings though! Have you tried making a braided alpha yet? They're super fun! Alex's Innovations has a great tutorial on YouTube.

If you need plain black and white embroidery floss for leading strings or normals, I get it in bulk packs on Amazon for pretty cheap 👍
ToneTexas
Bracelet King
ToneTexas
3 years, 1 month ago by ToneTexas
I used DMC perle size #3 in bracelet I posted photos of for pattern #57495 if that helps. I also used size 3 in the bracelet I posted under pattern #46115.