question for nurses and doctors
brooklyhen
Professional
brooklyhen
3 years, 4 months ago by brooklyhen
So I am 16(well almost I will be on February 2nd) and I want to be a nurse and my step dad cut his hand open 7 days ago and the ER doctor put staples in his hand on a deep cut told him to keep it wrapped for 24 hours and to take the staples out a week later so he got them out today.
Well when he got the staples they didn’t even look right like the edges the needed to heal together weren’t by each other the doctor didn’t even help him stop the bleeding I did when he got home . But aren’t you supposed to put stiches in hands and leave them in for 10-14 days and leave it wrapped for 36-48 hours and the wound is still open and bleeding so I had to take care of it
So if you are a nurse or doctor or know about this stuff tell me if I’m right or wrong about anything
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
3 years, 4 months ago by GenMalucci
I’m not a professional but I believe it depends on how large the cut was, if it’s bleeding have your dad hold his hand above his head, it will slow the bleeding and you can put some ice (after wrapping the wound and covering it well) and it will help stop the bleeding. Stitches were probably a better choice in that situation, but i suggest keeping the wound clean and making sure it’s wrapped well but not too tightly. Again, I think it depends how wide the wound was.
akanel
Bracelet King
akanel
3 years, 4 months ago by akanel
definitely keep it wrapped. are the staples out? i’m also not a nurse but i think i can help.
akanel
Bracelet King
akanel
is there another clinic you could go to? tell them your situation? you don’t want to try to keep the wound closed because now that it has opened, bacteria can get in it. my advice. pressure. if the bleeding stop maybe try to clean it with alcohol. i would suggest getting to another clinic.
akanel
Bracelet King
akanel
or call 911 and tell them your situation and they can tell you how to deal w it.