Did you learn segment knotting or row-by-row first?
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
3 years, 4 months ago by eva-seria
Basically what the title says. I first learned friendship bracelets from a kids activity books with instructions like “how to make a chevron: step 1. Make a chevron, step 2. Make more chevrons” so I didn’t learn how to do row by row for a while. How did you guys learn?
DenyceC
Bracelet King
DenyceC
3 years, 4 months ago by DenyceC
I learned the row by row method first because I saw a friend making bracelets in class. Then I looked for some tutorials
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
3 years, 4 months ago by KrazyKnotz
I learned row-by-row first. I'm currently trying to teach myself segmenting. 😄
_Cheese_
Bracelet King
_Cheese_
3 years, 4 months ago by _Cheese_
I learned row-by-row first, but I am know segment knotting : )
Vivi07
Bracelet King
Vivi07
3 years, 4 months ago by Vivi07
I learned row by row, and then one day me and @FluffyOwl were making a bracelet in class and I was making this pattern and she stopped me and said “you knot weird” and I’m just like “i-. How else am I supposed to do it?” And she said that i knotted straight across, and i saw that she knotted diagonally... so that weekend I watched a bunch of stuff on segment knotting and now thats the way i do it 😊
Etown
Bracelet King
Etown
3 years, 4 months ago by Etown
I learned segment knotting first!
Fenlongirl
Bracelet King
Fenlongirl
3 years, 4 months ago by Fenlongirl
I learned to segment knot first
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 4 months ago by Elise64
Well I technically learned segment knotting first but not really. I looked up the tutorial for the chevron and that was a segment knotting pattern but when I actually found out there were patterns with different designs that didn’t all have tutorials I did row by row but then I actually learned how to segment knot
apurva
Bracelet King
apurva
3 years, 4 months ago by apurva
I learned segment knotting first and I only learned the row by row method a couple of months ago.
juliannagh
Bracelet King
juliannagh
3 years, 4 months ago by juliannagh
row by row
89dmilmfb
Bracelet King
89dmilmfb
3 years, 4 months ago by 89dmilmfb
Technically segment because I learned how to do a chevron and candy-stripe first, but when I actually I’d patterns it was row by row
Czarcasm
Bracelet King
Czarcasm
3 years, 4 months ago by Czarcasm
Same as @89dmilmfb except my first was the chevron.
CakeCup
Bracelet King
CakeCup
3 years, 4 months ago by CakeCup
I learned how to technically segment knot first with a chevron. However, back then, i didn't know there was a whole world of bracelet making and i dint even know that segment knotting was a thing. So when i came onto this site and was re-introduced to bracelet making, i feel like i would say row-by-row was first cause that is how i have done all the patterns i have made on here. However, i do want to try to start segment knotting.
CakeCup
Bracelet King
CakeCup
3 years, 4 months ago by CakeCup
so basically the same as @89dmilmfb
cute_fish
Bracelet King
cute_fish
3 years, 4 months ago by cute_fish
I first learned the chevron, and then after that, I made all of my bracelets in a V shape, so I guess segment knotting?
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
3 years, 4 months ago by GenMalucci
Segment knotting.
Bella1010
Professional
Bella1010
3 years, 4 months ago by Bella1010
i learnt how to segment knot, but it was to complicated with more complex patterns, so now i prefer and typically use the row-by-row technique 😄
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
3 years, 4 months ago by PugCakePop
Segment knotting, for chevron and candystripes, and for more complicated normals what I do is do the row by row method for the first 2 rows, and then I segment knot the rest (: