Does anyone speak Latin?
Elwen
Bracelet King
Elwen
3 years, 3 months ago by Elwen
I am trying to learn Latin, and I was wondering if anyone here speaks it, and if so do you have any tips?
arf820
arf820
3 years, 3 months ago by arf820
well... i don't speak latin fluently (i don't think many people do for that matter), but i did take it throughout high school! i took AP Latin in my junior year. not sure how much i remember, but i could try to help if you have any specific questions! 🙂
Mirabelle_
Bracelet King
Mirabelle_
3 years, 3 months ago by Mirabelle_
I am taking Latin right now if I could be of any help
indaco
Bracelet King
indaco
3 years, 3 months ago by indaco
I don't "speak" it, but I study it and I love it, it's my favourite language ❤️ you can ask me anything you want (just remember that I am NOT a professor, but a student with really hight grades)
indaco
Bracelet King
indaco
3 years, 3 months ago by indaco
*high
isabel_gw
Bracelet King
isabel_gw
3 years, 3 months ago by isabel_gw
I am doing it for 1,5 year now so I speak it a little so I think I can help you
isabel_gw
Bracelet King
isabel_gw
3 years, 3 months ago by isabel_gw
A tip is to think of English words that sound like it like Flores sounds a little like flowers
B_ridgette
Bracelet King
B_ridgette
3 years, 3 months ago by B_ridgette
I’m not fluent but am learning it in school! I would say some tips are to make sure you study your verb endings. They can get confusing but if you do t practice it will be more confusing. And if you do t know how to pronounce a word, sound it out. In Latin and letter that is there is pronounced. Hope this helps and have fun learning Latin!
Vivi07
Bracelet King
Vivi07
3 years, 3 months ago by Vivi07
I also don’t speak it, but I’m learning it. Tip: Get your head around the grammar
Knots_EM
Bracelet King
Knots_EM
3 years, 3 months ago by Knots_EM
I've been doing it for 1 1/2 years. My tip to remember past perfect and imperfect past verb tenses is this: to remember perfect think of Ed the Viper- if the word has a V (the viper part helps you to remember this) in it towards the end (doesn't always apply) then it will translate in English to have "ed" (like the viper's name) at the end of the word
To remember the imperfect past think Shaun the sheep- Shaun has a problem where he is always baaa-ing (the noise that sheep make) which makes him not perfect- if there is a ba (like the sound that Shaun makes) in the word towards the end (like before I don't always think this applies) then it will translate in English with -ing (because Shaun is always baa-ING) on the end.
Idk if this will help, it's kind of hard to explain written down, but I found it helpful when I first learnt tenses.
Mary_E
Bracelet King
Mary_E
3 years, 3 months ago by Mary_E
i’m learning it in school 😒