I need help 😰
Cr3ativity
Bracelet King
Cr3ativity
3 years, 4 months ago by Cr3ativity
So, idk how many people can relate to this but even if you don't I could probably still use your help. Backstory: I've been homeschooled my whole life and I've also always wanted to go to a school with other people. Now that all my brothers have graduated, my parents can afford it. Last year we talked about me going to this private school (we know people who work there) and my parents said they didn't think it was a good time to join because of Covid y'know. The school was and still is meeting 5 days of the week and my parents finally decided that we could at least look into it more so we did. Long story short, we took a tour during the school day and I really really liked it so my parents and I had a long discussion of the pros and cons(there were so few cons🤣) and they signed the papers😱. Tomorrow is the day that we are turning in the application papers.🤯 The lady there said I could start Monday and I'm literally freaking out!!!!!! If anyone has transitioned from homeschool to public/private school and has some tips or anyone in highschool has tips (study tips, being around people all the time tips, people judging me tips, organization tips, etc.), please throw them at me! I need them ASAP 😩😁 btw I think I'm on the edge of insanity, one moment I'm super excited and the next moment I'm scared to death. Helppppp!
Snowy123
Bracelet King
Snowy123
3 years, 4 months ago by Snowy123
I have been homeschooled 5 years
Cr3ativity
Bracelet King
Cr3ativity
@Snowy123 have you ever gone to public/private school?
Snowy123
Bracelet King
Snowy123
I haven’t gone to a “real” school in forever and tbh I went into my first middle school and high school last year for robotics but I think it’s so cool that you are trying it out good luck
Snowy123
Bracelet King
Snowy123
Public
Snowy123
Bracelet King
Snowy123
School for kindergarten through 4th grade
Snowy123
Bracelet King
Snowy123
Currently in 9th almost 10 th
Cr3ativity
Bracelet King
Cr3ativity
@Snowy123 yeah, I'm in 9th almost 10th as well!
Snowy123
Bracelet King
Snowy123
Personally I prefer homeschool but then again I had a really bad experience in public school and haven’t gone to private
Snowy123
Bracelet King
Snowy123
Wow
Cr3ativity
Bracelet King
Cr3ativity
@Snowy123 that's why my parents wouldn't let me go to public school, but this private school seems to be really nice! At this point I just need tips for going to school for my first year of highschool as I've never even been in a school until that tour.
loopAloop
Bracelet King
loopAloop
3 years, 4 months ago by loopAloop
my sister did like the same thing! She said it was amazing and I am sure if you just work hard it will be GREAT!!! (Also if you don't mind what school)?
Cr3ativity
Bracelet King
Cr3ativity
@loopAloop thanks so much!
Cr3ativity
Bracelet King
Cr3ativity
Anyone have any other tips?
hlc
Bracelet King
hlc
3 years, 4 months ago by hlc
Well, I'm not homeschooled, but I do switch schools alot because of moving. I've learned that for the first week, you scope people out. See where you fit in and if someone takes intrest in being your friend let them. Just observe people. Ask questions, but don't share too much about yourself at first. Once you get to know the person and their friends you can see how everone acts and determine if its a good fit. I sit at the mentally ill table XD all of my friends have issues but we're all there for eachother. After sometime, we found out what triggers eachother and we have become respectful of boundries. Because I move so lot, it triggers an anxiety attack when people talk about moving, so we normally avoid that topic. It really depends all on observing at first. Heck, I even took detailed notes. After see so many schools and their social pyrimid, you learn that everyone has a group and that all schools have similar groups. Most of all, be patient, you'll meet people, but it'll take time of course! Just trust the process lol
Best of luck 👍 - Hannah ❤️
hlc
Bracelet King
hlc
3 years, 4 months ago by hlc
Also, I've been to private school and public school
Private for 5 years (we wore uniforms)
Public school for almost 5 years as well
Do you have to wear uniforms?
JBanana
Bracelet King
JBanana
3 years, 4 months ago by JBanana
always be yourself and try to make friends as soon as possible its the better thing to do 😄
Cr3ativity
Bracelet King
Cr3ativity
@hlc aw tysm for the tips! We do have to wear uniforms but they aren't super uncomfortable or anything. It's basically a polo shirt (they have lots of different color options) and khaki pants. They have hoodies too, and on Friday they let everyone wear a t-shirt (with their logo ofc) and jeans. We get to wear any type shoes and accessories any day of the week. 👍
Cr3ativity
Bracelet King
Cr3ativity
@JBanana thank you for the tips!!!
Reva_
Bracelet King
Reva_
3 years, 4 months ago by Reva_
@Cr3ativity first of all calm down and second of all when you start school for the first time try to just be normal and make at least 1 friend ( on your first that of school), also don't ever think about what anyone thinks about you!
Just think how the opportunity of you becoming someone maybe you have always wanted to be.
just be yourself!!! ❤️