Prices for bracelets
dandy
Bracelet King
dandy
8 years, 6 months ago by dandy
I've been considering making bracelets to sell, but I have no idea where to start. Where do I sell them and for how much? Thanks!
greenbean1
Bracelet King
greenbean1
8 years, 6 months ago by greenbean1
First you need to decide how much the materials cost, if the string costs about 1.00 sell it for a least about 0.50 or 1.00 more. Next, see how long it takes to make your materials. I sell bracelets and i sell them from a range of 2.00 to 4.00 mainly because of the materials and of the time it took me to make the materials. Remember time=money! And also decide how much you think your bracelets are worth, in terms of how strong your bracelet can stay on your wrist. Hope this helps! (P. S. Sell sell sell!!! You will make money and I wish you the best with selling your bracelets!
greenbean1
Bracelet King
greenbean1
And you can also sell your products at farmers markets or flea markets. And you can probably sell your things on Etsy
dandy
Bracelet King
dandy
Thank you!!!
greenbean1
Bracelet King
greenbean1
@dandy your welcome!!
Lily99
Bracelet King
Lily99
8 years, 6 months ago by Lily99
Depends on the style. I have sold bracelets for anywhere from $2 to $40. I charge $2 (or 3/$5) for Chinese Staircase. $5 for a simple 2-color text alpha; that's mainly what I sell. Price goes up from there. One of my friends wants a fairly simple 4-color alpha, and I told her I'd do it for $10. And because I'm sure everyone's curious, the $40 was a fairly complex multicolor alpha my art teacher bought as a Christmas gift for her sister. I would never have charged her that much, but she insisted. Lol. So that's another part of pricing: who your customers are. If it's people who see your bracelets as art, that's the $40. Kids who could go down to Walmart and get a nice bracelet for $2, that's the $2-$5. Lastly, depends on your customers' income. Most of the kids at my school are pretty rich, so I can get away with charging more. On another note, school's where I make most of my sales. Planning to try an Etsy shop though. If you want to sell at craft fairs, I did a similar event a few weeks ago and here's what I learned.
Lily99
Bracelet King
Lily99
8 years, 6 months ago by Lily99
Got cut off.... 1. Be prepared to put in a lot of time and money. 2. And lose a lot of sleep. 3. Have lots of bracelets, for an attractive display. (And hopefully you'll sell a lot, as well!) 4. Look for a well-established event where you're pretty much guaranteed lots of customers. The thing I was at was small and poorly attended. ( beware the words, "first annual".). 5. There will likely be times during the event when you're bored out of your mind. Have a book or something. 6. Many of these events go ALL DAY. Make sure you have food/coffee/soda/whatever it is you need. 7. Tell your friends/family/teachers/relatives/anyone to come. Seeing someone you know makes it way more fun. Finally, what kinds of bracelets to sell? For a showcase, you want to have a lot, so whatever you can make quickly is best. I had mostly Chinese staircase, but you could also do candy stripe, chevron, or some simple alphas. For custom orders, whatever you have time for. Example, if someone asked me right now for a 35-string, 10-color, crazy complex alpha by Dec. 10th I'd say no way. Bottom line for custom orders is it's entirely what you're comfortable with. My main customs are just text alphas. 2, maybe 3 colors. Sorry for the really long posts, but I hope this helped!! All prices are USD by the way. :-$
KnotCrazy
Bracelet King
KnotCrazy
8 years, 6 months ago by KnotCrazy
Lily99 has some great advice... The only thing I would add is that Etsy is also a great place to sell. I am homeschooled, so I can't really sell at school, so that's where I sell mine. I can give you guys a referral link if you would like your first 40 listings for free@ The way that Etsy works, is you pay $0.20 for each listing, and it lasts for 4 months. Etsy also takes a tiny fee from the transaction price. It's like 2.5% or something like that, I think. Shipping is super straightforward through it. They have a calculated shipping calculator and you can print out the shipping label directly through your printer.

Feel free to message me for the referral link - I don't think you can add links in the forum.
dandy
Bracelet King
dandy
Thanks guys! This is super helpful!!!