Soccer Tryouts
Braacelets
Professional
Braacelets
8 years, 11 months ago by Braacelets
So I have soccer tryouts in a month or so, and Im freaking out. I've never been on a team before so Im not very confident on my skills. Any advise on what to do before tryouts? Or during?
lovevball
Bracelet King
lovevball
8 years, 11 months ago by lovevball
I don't play soccer, but I do play volleyball. It's okay to be a little nervous but don't ever let your nerves take over you. (I made that mistake one year) because mental stability is very important in any sport. Volleyball is a very mental game. Idk about soccer but it's still important. Always be very confident in your skills but don't show off to a point where it's like bragging and trying to be the boss, It's important to be humble too. And most importantly have fun!!!!! 🙂 Show the coaches that you want to play and that soccer is important to you. Always try your very very best. Try to communicate well with the other people because you never know which ones could be your teammates. and if you mess up just shake it off and try again. And even if you don't make it, you know what you have to do next time based upon the other peoples skills. One year in volleyball I only made one team. Than this past year, I made my choice team and 2 others and a call back to another. One of them was even a direct offer right after tryouts and that club organization is huge! So just always try your best and have fun and be confident is my main advice for you! So good luck!!!!
lovevball
Bracelet King
lovevball
8 years, 11 months ago by lovevball
Sorry that's really long....
Robin99
Bracelet King
Robin99
8 years, 11 months ago by Robin99
try not to be nervous and just have fun. Listen to your coaches so you understand the drills. Be friendly but don't talk in line. Hustle to everything even during water breaks.
Robin99
Bracelet King
Robin99
8 years, 11 months ago by Robin99
that's what my coach told us when some girls on our team were going to try out for an Olympic training team. I recommend if you have a ball at home to practice basic kicking drills; weaving in and out of cones, getting in control of the ball, one tap touch, strengthening your weak foot. Also learn the positions and try to learn some of the lingo so you know what the coaches are talking about. Good luck!
skeleton21
Advanced
skeleton21
8 years, 11 months ago by skeleton21
I think that you should try really hard and impress the coach.
skeleton21
Advanced
skeleton21
8 years, 11 months ago by skeleton21
Good luck🙂