pattern help
SecretLife
Professional
SecretLife
4 years ago by SecretLife
can someone please make a tutorial for pattern #17954, I'm confused on how to make it.
arf820
arf820
4 years ago by arf820
are you sure the pattern number you listed is correct? it is showing an alpha pattern. if you don’t know how to make alpha patterns, i suggest going on youtube and searching masha knots’s two tutorials on making alpha patterns.
SecretLife
Professional
SecretLife
opps sorry i did write the wrong number, I need help with pattern #17945
thank you for catching that @arf820.
arf820
arf820
4 years ago by arf820
i love this pattern, i finished making it yesterday! what exactly are you having trouble with? are you have trouble segment knotting it, is it difficult for you with the loose strings, or?
SecretLife
Professional
SecretLife
ive never made a bracelet with loose string before. i don't know if this is normal but when I start making it it comes out very uneven and crooked. at first i thought it was because i was making loose knots but when i made them tighter it still wasn't coming out like the pictures that everyone else posted.
arf820
arf820
4 years ago by arf820
i had the same issue as you’re having. i found that once i connected the sort of cross together with the white string it evened out a bit. even still mine was not nearly as wavy as some of the other bracelets in the photos, which i was a little disappointed with. i think with this pattern it is better to have looser tension so the waviness is more defined since you can see the loose strings more easily. also i didn’t knot it with the macrame technique because i am really bad at it. i just knotted it normally and then turned it over on the back. perhaps actually knotting with the macrame technique (same knotting technique as the upside down alpha technique) will help it look good. i’m not sure though. maybe try messaging @clairehair because she’s the creator of the pattern and her photos for this pattern is absolutely stunning?
SecretLife
Professional
SecretLife
thank you so much @arf820, this really helps
clairehair
clairehair
4 years ago by clairehair
I've found that for this pattern, it's better to have looser tension. If you're wondering, I knotted this normally (not the macrame way).
arf820
arf820
4 years ago by arf820
@clairehair thanks for clearing that up! i always have very tight knot tension so that must have been why my bracelet didn’t turn out that wavy!
SecretLife
Professional
SecretLife
thank you @clairhair
SecretLife
Professional
SecretLife
@clairehair i appreciate your help