can anyone figure out what pattern is being used in this bracelet? link in message
silkpillow
Professional
silkpillow
4 years ago by silkpillow
the bracelets in question are the right blue ones in this link https://www.instagram.com/p/B9D1pzMhoV-/ and the ones in this link as well https://www.instagram.com/p/B9yowFTBSYI/ i'm assuming that theyre both the same pattern but i'd love to know what technique is being used. do any of yall know? thanks 😊
_Bunny_
Bracelet King
_Bunny_
4 years ago by _Bunny_
If you have ever made an alpha with a lot of rows of the same colour, if you flip your bracelet around, that is what the back of a bracelet looks like. I guess you would just make an alpha with rows and rows of all the same colour and then the when your done, you just flip it around and wear it so the backside is the side that’s showing. I’m not sure though I could be wrong. I also don’t know how switching strings would work if your string gets too short because if you look at the back of an alpha, they are usually really messy from all the colour switches and adding in strings.🤷‍♀️ idk maybe a more advanced bracelet maker would be able to help yo
BaileyBug
Professional
BaileyBug
4 years ago by BaileyBug
@_Bunny_ you’re definitely on the right track! the color changes were either done with string that changes color as it goes, or they just kept the extra “tail” in the front. try to think of it as making an alpha “wrong” because you didn’t push the strings to the back so now they stick out in the front, but in this case it’s not wrong since they want to use their back as the front. It’s a technique some people use to make alpha patterns sometimes too (not just solid color bracelets) But yea, that’s definitely what those bracelets are, is an alpha made entirely of one color (or at least mostly) and just flipped over so the back is being used as the front.
_Bunny_
Bracelet King
_Bunny_
4 years ago by _Bunny_
@BaileyBug thank you! I didn’t even consider keeping the string in the front, that definitely clears up a lot 🙂
knottahti
knottahti
4 years ago by knottahti
i believe you are referring to a backwards alpha bracelet? if you want to learn how, i believe @Margaron has explained the technique in one of her videos!
Margaron
Margaron
4 years ago by Margaron
@knottahti thank you for mentioning my video! Yes, I do have a video for the ‘upside down’ technique! You can see it up close and explained in the mountain bracelet tutorial on my profile! 🤗