Can anyone take normal pattern #627068 and make it thinner/simplier?
sophiav
Advanced
sophiav
4 years ago by sophiav
Hey all-

Love this feather on normal pattern #627068. I wanted to make another version of it with less strings, so it would be a bit thinner and easier to manage. Would anyone be willing to make another version of the patter with a thinner, perhaps shorter feather? I have tried but I DEF don't have a handle on the pattern editor yet. Thanks so much! ❤️
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
4 years ago by taelor
Hi! I think you might have typed the pattern in wrong though because it’s not coming up. Can you check to make sure that is the pattern # and let me know if it is or what it is?
HelaZ
Bracelet King
HelaZ
4 years ago by HelaZ
Oh I see. Did you mean #27068?
Tip: Just looking at the pattern, you can half it without actually generating the halved design. You can simply ignore the second set of abdccdba strings.
If you print out the pattern you're knotting, you can fold the design down the middle and work with it that way (or cover half the page with a blank sheet of paper, same thing).
If you look at your screen when you're knotting, you can take a screenshot of the pattern and erase half of it (that is the second set of abdccdba strings)
If these tips don't make any sense, just let me know and I can make the halved pattern for you. It only has 16 rows, it should be easy enough.
HelaZ
Bracelet King
HelaZ
4 years ago by HelaZ
OK so I ended up halving @krazyknots pattern after all, while taking a break from knotting.
First, I split it down the middle and kept the left half. I ended up with this: #37559. It didn't look very symmetrical so I created another variation by taking out strings from the left and from the right and ended up with: #37558
AwesomeGrl
Bracelet King
AwesomeGrl
4 years ago by AwesomeGrl
@HelaZ hi I think you spelled @KrazyKnotz 's user name wrong. Just wanted to let you know. 👍
sophiav
Advanced
sophiav
4 years ago by sophiav
@taelor and @HelaZ - I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened with the pattern link. The pattern I was referring to is https://www.braceletbook.com/patterns/normal/15991/, so actually #15991. Thanks for replying so fast!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
I'll try to make one for you if you still need it.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
Here it is #37667
abbigail07
Professional
abbigail07
4 years ago by abbigail07
Hello
sophiav
Advanced
sophiav
4 years ago by sophiav
@halokiwi thank you so much, this is so helpful!!! I have no idea how you did that so fast, lol. I wish I understood the pattern maker.