Bookmark hole tutorial
amaara14
Professional
amaara14
3 years, 3 months ago by amaara14
Hiii! So I would like to make a bookmark, but there are only 2 tutorials on YouTube about how to make the hole and I didn’t understand either of them.

I couldn’t find any tutorials here, so if anyone could explain the videos, or knows a different way to make the loop, or would be willing to make a short tutorial on how to do it, that would be much appreciated! 😂😅
sonukc2504
Professional
sonukc2504
3 years, 3 months ago by sonukc2504
I suggest you try a video from Kinsey b on you tube. (how to start a bracelet with two loops) or (one loop and two triangle starts) those are my favourite for keychains or bookmarks. I hope you like them!!
amaara14
Professional
amaara14
@sonukc2504 Thanks for the help, I’ll try!!
sonukc2504
Professional
sonukc2504
@amaara14 sure!!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
Valentina Lenin, the original creator of the tutorial, does not want anyone to recreate the tutorial so I hope she doesn't mind me summing up her video. I wrote this summary a while back when someone asked the same question.

Here are the steps as described in the video:
- attach your base strings to a horizontal string using lark's head knots
- knot a row of f knots normally for the first row
- fold the six middle base strings up so they're out of the way
- on the right side you do b knots until you're at the gap and then f knots back to the edge
- on the left side you do f knots until you are at the gap with a new leading string and then b knots back to the edge
- fold the 6 left out base strings down again and divide them into two groups of 3

- take the second string of the right group and make a bf knot onto the first string of the right group
- take the third string of the right group and make a bf knot onto the first and the second string of the right group at once
- take the string on the right of these three strings and make a bf knot onto these three strings at once
- leave the fourth string out, take one of the three strings and make a bf knot onto the other two strings at once
- leave the third string out, take one of the two strings and do a bf knot onto the other string

- on the left side you do the same but mirrored

-once you've done this on the left and the right make any knot you like between the two middle strings

For the next step I am not entirely sure because you can't see it super well in the video and she doesn't specify it

- take the right leading string and make b knots until you get to the 6 strings left out in the beginning, make a bf knot onto the third string of the right group and then make f knots back to the edge
- take the right leading string and make b knots to the middle and include the third and second string, make a bf knot onto the first string and then make f knots back to the edge

- do the same on the left but mirrored

- take the right leading string and continue knotting in rows like you usually would

-to finish the bracelet you cut the loose strings close to the bracelet and glue the ends down (I'm unsure which glue she uses)
amaara14
Professional
amaara14
@halowo
amaara14
Professional
amaara14
Whoops @halowiki thanks so much!!
amaara14
Professional
amaara14
@sonukc2504 thanks for the suggestion, I was wondering which videos you mean and how exactly you used them to make bookmarks, I hope you don’t mind explaining a bit more! If u can’t no worries 🙂
sonukc2504
Professional
sonukc2504
@amaara14 if you are making an alpha then then in simpler words, try the video "teardrop loops for alpha" by Masha knots. Cause I'm not sure what the name is in the videos of Kinsey b. This loop looks good on keychains or bookmarks which are big breadth wise but it's also fine if you use this start for smaller ones.
If you plan to make a normal pattern, then I suggest you make a teardrop loop
sonukc2504
Professional
sonukc2504
@amaara14 I think the teardrop loop for alphas look good with keychains and bookmarks. But if you still don't get it, then please let me know. I'll provide you with the link for the video
amaara14
Professional
amaara14
@sonukc2504 thanks so much!! Just want to clarify, are you talking about a normal teardrop loop to use as a bookmark hole or a small loop in the beginning of the actual bracelet pattern for a bookmark hole?
sonukc2504
Professional
sonukc2504
@amaara14 an actual year drop loop. Like there is a small loop and two triangle starts. But this works only with even number of base strings.
sonukc2504
Professional
sonukc2504
https://youtu.be/5sW_MjWFF58
sonukc2504
Professional
sonukc2504
@amaara this is the video I was talking about.
amaara14
Professional
amaara14
@sonukc2504 thank you!!!
sonukc2504
Professional
sonukc2504
@amaara14 no need to thank!! Please let me know if you need more help🙏🙏
LolliKnots
Bracelet King
LolliKnots
3 years, 3 months ago by LolliKnots
Watching the video by Valentina Lenin will help. Its linked here on braceletbook and I suggest you turn of your volume , and rewatch the video a couple of times, it helps !
Feel free to pm for any questions , I will try my best , as I have never made a hole before tho !
amaara14
Professional
amaara14
@LolliKnots thanks for the suggestion, I did watch the video but I didn’t understand it, not because it was in Russian but I just didn’t understand the making the hole part 😂