Please make a tutorial on wall hangings/tapestries
Esemplastc
Skiller
Esemplastc
3 years, 5 months ago by Esemplastc
Hi, I'm going to try to make a wall tapestry/hanging for some of the wider alphas and one of the few tutorials I could find on youtube has a lady with a difficult to understand accent (no offense to her I just have hearing loss and accents are my kryptonite). A tutorial with pictures and typed instructions is preferred.

Things I need to know:
1. Safe methods of cutting the dowels or wooden sticks? If its small enough I can use an X-Acto knife?
2. Does the circumference of the stick matter or can it be any size?
3. What to do with odd number of strings (I think the lady just said to take out a row, is it possible to do these types of tapestries with odd number of strings or could adding a row be a good idea?)
4. I know you use the lark's head knot for the base strings, but what do you do for the string that hangs the tapestry?

That's all I can think of. Anything else you think would need to be explained is welcome. 🙂
zoeyllm
Bracelet King
zoeyllm
3 years, 5 months ago by zoeyllm
You can cut them with a exacto knife and circumference does not matter but its better to have smaller ones. I'm not sure what you mean by question four tho.
zoeyllm
Bracelet King
zoeyllm
3 years, 5 months ago by zoeyllm
Its better to do them with even amounts of strings. 🙂
Its not to hard to add a row
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 5 months ago by 2006_Mandy
You can cut wooden dowels with anything that can cut through wood. The circumference of a stick does not matter it really is your preference that counts. Odd or even base strings doesn’t matter neither is too hard; if your base strings are uneven use the outer most string as the leading string the other half will still be a base string. Also you can just tie on a string on the two sides of your wall hanging when you are done.