ideas for an extravagant gift
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 7 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I need ideas for an extravagant gift. The youth pastor at my church has decided to pursue another religious career in which he is more passionate about and so he will be leaving. I want to give him, his wife and his daughter something really really nice because he has really taught me a lot, inspired me and I just feel like I should. I'm open to any ideas of any craft but I want to give them a few things whether it be a set of bracelets that go together with other stuff, a sticker sheet of some sort etc. Honestly any ideas of what I should give would help because at the moment all I can think of is a wall hanging which I feel super unmotivated to do. *also it would be even better if I could include something related to Christianity as that is my churches religion*
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 7 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
I would make a bracelet or keychain that is christan related. I used the word “jesus” in the pattern filter and a lot of cute patterns showed up. Honestly i do t tho k you have to make much because one little thing can mean a lot to someone. If the daughter had airpods or something you could make her an airpods case (i have a tutorial on it). Really you could probably make anything
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Lizzie_Ann thank you for the idea I’ll definitely consider it however the daughter is only 2 years old 😊
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 7 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
ah ok well i’ve seen people make pacifier lanyards so maybe you can make one of thoose
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Lizzie_Ann that’s a really good idea I’ll definitely try it out. thank you!
CawTheCrow
Bracelet King
CawTheCrow
3 years, 7 months ago by CawTheCrow
Honestly, the only thing that comes to mind right now (since I've been sitting on bracelets for the last week) is a set of three bracelets that fit each other like puzzle pieces in a really easy puzzle 😄. This would require you to either find a bigger pattern that you can nicely divide into 3, or to make 3 patterns specifically for this project.
Whether my idea will be helpful or not, I wish you a great result, whatever you decide to make.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@CawTheCrow thank you! I definitely think that would be a nice idea I have an idea in mind which would really work (a cross split into 3) ❤️
CawTheCrow
Bracelet King
CawTheCrow
As I'm not a Christian, I can't really give you any ideas as to what the picture could be, but I'm happy I was able to help 😉
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@CawTheCrow thats fine it doesn't have to be Christian related since I am already going to make some other cross/christian stuff.
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 7 months ago by Elise64
Ik you said you don’t want to do a tapestry, but a tapestry with a cross on it would be cute! I can’t find a tapestry with a cross, but you might be able to make one or request for one to be made. I was actually thinking of making a tapestry with a cross on it for my mom for Christmas this year!
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Elise64 yeah maybe I will its mainly just that i miscount the knots i need to make and usually fail at tapestry plus i started a really big tapestry a while ago that i still need to finish however I would recommend pattern #44865 its a beautiful tapestry patter of a cross
CawTheCrow
Bracelet King
CawTheCrow
Oh, alright then! 😄 My mind immediatelly goes to a landscape- like a sun setting over a forest, or something Bob Ross-y. Something like #52171, #31419 , #55691, #54752, or maybe #49758, #36636, or #20155. Hope you find something great.
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
@2006_Mandy I just started a tapestry and what i do to make it less hard is I use a computer because it is easier to use with a mouse, but phones would work too, and the first row is a little hard but you count the knots for each color, and then the next row you use how many knots that had to measure your next row, and keep doing that. For example I have 15 knots in the middle of the row. The next row I have a lot more, but It can be hard for some patterns
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
Oops, I didn’t mean to send that, I meant, the next row I have a lot more, but I only count the ones on the sides of the knots on the last row if that makes sense. It can be hard for some patterns if they have a lot of strings. Also, I found a cute cross pattern #58072, it would be like a mini tapestry but it would realllly small
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
Omg, I didn’t know you couldn’t skip lines 🤦🏻‍♀️ I am sendjbfrb
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
O.M.G 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️i am sending ONE MORE TIME some cute patterns, #47227, #41173 #44513 it’s done a
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
OMG OMG I MEANT TO SAY IT IS GONNA SEND YOU SO MANY NOTIFICATIONS BECAUSE OF ALL THE MISTAKES AND I ALREADY MENTIONED SOME OF YOUR PATTERNS 😂😂😂
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
3 years, 7 months ago by Jdog12525
This I kind of cool, it’s a cross-shaped macrame keychain: https://pin.it/3ZDyCWf
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 7 months ago by jadeflwr13
#51131, #50850 and #43206 are all really cool alphas, they look kind of scary and complicated at first but just use the flat alpha technique, and take your time. i’m sure it’ll turn out great. you could also do an alpha of a painting, #35234 is the girl with the pearl earring, so you could do something like that. i tried to find some that weren’t cross/ christian related since you said you were already doing some with that theme. good luck! 🌙🕸🍁