UHH PLS HELP
korabarker
Skiller
korabarker
3 years, 10 months ago by korabarker
So I have recently gotten into making keychains, but i can never get the ends like the bottom of the pattern to look right, they always don't tie together properly. Pretty much i just wanted to see like how yall tie the bottoms of your alpha keychains. Thank you <3
korabarker
Skiller
korabarker
3 years, 10 months ago by korabarker
oh and i was wondering like how you start your larger bracelets, like with loops with a shaped beginning, what have yall found as the best way to start.
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 10 months ago by chkntaters
I've never done a keychain before so I can't really answer that. But for larger bracelets I usually prefer to make one giant triangle end or a loop with two little triangle ends coming off of it. I don't like to do teardrop loops alone for bracelets thicker than 16 strings because for some reason they always turn out all deformed lol.
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
I like doing tassels at the ends of my alphas. For larger normal bracelets, I usually do a loop with two triangle ends coming off of it. For alphas that end up being very long, I do a loop with two alpha-style triangle ends coming off of it (not the regular alpha teardrop technique). If it’s more of a patch-type alpha, like the “dad” patch I made a little while ago (you can see the picture on my profile) I start in just a straight line with some excess string at the top, and tie the excess string into tassels once I’m done
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
For a keychain I sometimes cut off the ends and use nail polish clear coat to secure it or I make a triangle end and leave some string cutting the rest off or I will make several tassels or lastly i will leave the strings loose and cut the rest off sometimes at different shaped so sometimes straight across, diagonally, curved or even in a little kite shape hard to explain that way.
m3rmaidv
Professional
m3rmaidv
3 years, 10 months ago by m3rmaidv
T For the bottoms of my keychains/wall hangings I do multiple square macrame knots.

Megan Morris has a video showing what I mean, like a tutorial, in the YouTube video below, starting at 6:50. In the video she does multiple rows of square knots to make a triangle, but for smaller projects I only do one row.

https://youtu.be/Y2bJbLk8eao

If you want to see exactly what I mean, I have a recent picture on my instagram (knotwithvee) of a tiny wall hanging that I did like that 🙂
m3rmaidv
Professional
m3rmaidv
3 years, 10 months ago by m3rmaidv
Or actually the picture is on my Bracelet Book profile so you don't actually have to go to my instagram; oop

it's after 1 AM and I'm obviously too tired to be on here x)
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
3 years, 10 months ago by SC00PSAH0Y
I either just kut to the bottoms of the string or make one big knot. I have not had much luck with the several small knots i see people do and the never look good when i do them. Feel free to look at my photos to see the visuals 🙂
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 9 months ago by jadeflwr13
for the bottoms of keychains i make one or two triangle ends before making a knot and just cutting excess string, or adding tassels using the twisted ties method