nail polish?!
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
9 years, 8 months ago by lianazz
Does anybody have a favourite brand of clear nail polish that you use to secure knots when you have to add string?
Mermaid12
Bracelet King
Mermaid12
9 years, 8 months ago by Mermaid12
I use Sally Hansen diamond strength no chip nail colour. The clear colour is named "flawless". Hope this helps 🙂
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
9 years, 8 months ago by lianazz
@Mermaid12 perfect thanks!
Finq
Skiller
Finq
9 years, 7 months ago by Finq
Glue wouldn't be better?
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
9 years, 7 months ago by lianazz
@Finq I've never tried glue but I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well as nail polish. I have heard of people using tacky fabric glue and it sounds like it works pretty well. I just like using nail polish because of how quickly it dries 🙂
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
9 years, 7 months ago by SBilbrey
I use just regular Elmer's white school glue. It's actually really similar to the tacky fabric glue (Elmer's isn't as thick), but A LOT cheaper. It dries faster than you'd expect it to. And when it's dry, it's completely clear and soft, no scratchy places. I never felt like my strings were actually stuck down when I used nail polish. I felt like all I was getting was a scratchy, hard edge that wasn't secured down. I might've been doing something wrong though. But if you're out of nail polish, and all you have is some basic school glue, it totally works!
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
9 years, 7 months ago by lianazz
That's good to know!! I do find the nail Polish makes it a bit hard and scratchy, but it gets the job done! I'll have to try glue sometime
creideamh
Skiller
creideamh
9 years, 1 month ago by creideamh
i use superglue on the tip of a tooth pick, it works works clear polish too. The tooth pick makes super small dots of glue so you don't have too much excess, it's great if you're clumsy like me and usually get it everywhere
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
9 years, 1 month ago by lianazz
@creideamh that's such a good idea! I don't know how many times I've accidentally used too much nail polish and it's soaked through to the other side and left a dark ugly circle 🙁
creideamh
Skiller
creideamh
9 years, 1 month ago by creideamh
it used to happen all the time to me, and my dad told me to use a tooth pick and it suddenly seemed soooo obvious
Margaron
Margaron
9 years, 1 month ago by Margaron
I don't seep my
Margaron
Margaron
9 years, 1 month ago by Margaron
Aahhh auto correct! Sorry that was supposed to be: I don't seal my ends, I just cut them flush to the back of the bracelet and I've never had a problem with unraveling or anything
bealynn
Professional
bealynn
8 years, 12 months ago by bealynn
Does anyone ever use a spray or something to keep colors from fading. Like how you would spray leather shoes. Something like that.. Someone who doesn't make bracelets made a suggestion. Just wondering if anyone's thought of that
Rooky
Professional
Rooky
8 years, 11 months ago by Rooky
Everyone!!! Be carefull wit glue, because a lots of type disolve with water or became white and sticky the leave. So yeah, polish are quite good, but don't do it on a hot day cause the polish will get stickt too if it's a cheaper one. 😉
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 10 months ago by unicorns14
I don’t use nail polish and my knots look fine
noranora-l
Bracelet King
noranora-l
4 years, 10 months ago by noranora-l
Don’t use nail polish
noranora-l
Bracelet King
noranora-l
4 years, 10 months ago by noranora-l
It makes the knots hard and they will stay
Marsha_J
Bracelet King
Marsha_J
4 years, 7 months ago by Marsha_J
Fabric Glue works well for me and it never gets sticky if it gets in contact with water 😊 <3
brachel714
Professional
brachel714
4 years, 6 months ago by brachel714
On bracelets that I'm going to where I use nail polish but if ur wants in give the bracelets away just use tacky glue
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 6 months ago by unicorns14
You do not need nail polish the knots stay tied without it.(: