normal pattern generator
derin16_
Bracelet King
derin16_
3 years, 10 months ago by derin16_
I find the normal pattern generator very confusing. Can someone who can easily create normal patterns using the generator explain me how it works? I am sure that I am not the only one out there who doesn't get it haha
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
3 years, 10 months ago by SC00PSAH0Y
I do not understand either and i know the new generator is soon to come, but i woupd still love to
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
Oops i will try again haha- I do not understand it either and i know the new generation is soon to come and will be easier to make patterns but i would still like to learn how to use this one. I have tried a few times and just played around but still dont really know. If someone has a good explanation, a helpful video, or something i would love to know as well. Just tag me so i can see. Thank you!
derin16_
Bracelet King
derin16_
@SC00PSAH0Y same! I want to learn how to use this one as well
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
@derin16_ @SC00PSAH0Y I will definitely explain but I need to quickly do something I’ll answer in five minutes
derin16_
Bracelet King
derin16_
@2006_Mandy ok! ☺
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
@2009_Mandy sounds good
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Ok so to use the generator you have to type in the order of the strings so each colour gets a letter. Each knot will have 2 strings so if there are 5 knots in the front row there will be 10 strings on top so therefore you will need to write the order of these 10 strings. If you don’t have 10 colors (which are lettered from a to whatever) it will automatically addd in some more a colored strings. Next to create the actual pattern you need to type in the actual knots. There has to be an even amount and normally the strings at the bottom of the pattern must match up to the strings order at the top that way the pattern is repeatable. When typing in f is a forward b is a backward fb is a forward back and bf is a backward forward. To write there has to be one less knot on the second row, fourth row etc because in those rows the knots are being made with one string fro mother previous knots. There also are little arrows you can press to make the letters and there has to be commas in between. When making a shaped bracelet I learned from another user that you type in zeros where you want there to be no knots. Don’t forget there needs to be at least 4 keywords. If you have any questions just ask me. I learned most of this on my own by using the generator to experiment. I don’t make normal patterns normally though because I’m horrible at creating those patterns.
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
Oh and i might add, i do know how to use the alpha generator. That might be a bit obvious based on my page but who knows 😅
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
I saw someone darw somethings and make a pattern off of that. I don’t remember where that was but if someone knows of it do tell!!
derin16_
Bracelet King
derin16_
@2006_Mandy thank you! Sometimes I draw the pattern (on paper, normally) but I struggle to figure out the order of strings in the beginning. Any tips?
derin16_
Bracelet King
derin16_
@SC00PSAH0Y there are 4 buttons on top when u create alphas and one of them says draw alpha. Click on it and u can colour in the pixels
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Look at previous patterns similar to what you are creating and you can just play around with the different knots I had the same problem but once I could see my patterns I looked at where I wanted the colours to be in the pattern and whiched the order on top. So for example my only normal pattern was rainbow but when I started with the strings up top r, o, y, g, b it did not appear in that order so I saw where the first full color row was and noticed that that string went up into the middle so I knew the red colour had to start in the middle. Sorry if this is confusing
derin16_
Bracelet King
derin16_
@2006_Mandy yea looking that other patterns is a good idea! Tyy
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
@derun16_ oof i do know how to use the alpha part but thanks anyway! And i found what i was looking for, its in the tutorials section. Thanks
derin16_
Bracelet King
derin16_
@SC00PSAH0Y oh ok😅 I didn't rly do anything but ur welcome😂