crochet thread for alphas
bookworm88
Bracelet King
bookworm88
3 years, 10 months ago by bookworm88
I’ve been looking at crochet thread and yarn because I want more multi colored thread. However I know it’s important to use string with similar thickness. I use DMC embroidery floss and DMC craft cord. What size crochet thread should I use and where on the packages do I find the size that the string is?
amazingme
Bracelet King
amazingme
3 years, 10 months ago by amazingme
I use number ten for the basic Wal-Mart stack. It's usually written in a corner in the bottom
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
At michaels and Walmart you can find summer nights lion brand I’m not sure the size but they are all the size of embroidery thread, are color changing and are glittery plus are only $6-12 I think depending on the store where you buy it and they are 800 meters long
viviknots
Bracelet King
viviknots
3 years, 10 months ago by viviknots
At Michaels you can buy Aunt Lydia's fashion 3. This is too thick for normal patterns unless you're only using fashion 3. I find that size 10 is too thin but you can decide for yourself. I use metallic size 10 crochet thread in my patterns cause the string produces the same thickness as embroidery floss. But overall size 5 is a good size for crochet thread.
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 10 months ago by chloe_27
I use Aunt Lydias thread in size 10. Although it does depend what size your embroidery floss is because it can be a little thinner than what you use. But the Aunt Lydias come in really pretty multi colored thread! Hope this help!😀
jessyka13
Professional
jessyka13
3 years, 10 months ago by jessyka13
I use size 5! It’s the artiste (i believe) brand from Hobby Lobby, and I think the size is on the bottom of the wrapper somewhere. It’s very similar in thickness with embroidery floss, and I’ve used it in both alpha and normal bracelets with no problems.