storing string
cass123
Professional
cass123
9 years, 9 months ago by cass123
I was just curious to know all the different ways people store their string?
LeslieG
Bracelet King
LeslieG
9 years, 9 months ago by LeslieG
I think the most common way is to use bobbins.
SydBeatle
Bracelet King
SydBeatle
9 years, 9 months ago by SydBeatle
Yeah, bobbins are my favorite way to store string 🙂
cass123
Professional
cass123
Okay thanks, that's what I use too! I was just curious to see if anyone else had other ideas!
LMckeown
Professional
LMckeown
9 years, 9 months ago by LMckeown
Some of mine are on bobbins but a lot of mine are just in a box waiting to be used... It's messy haha!
SydBeatle
Bracelet King
SydBeatle
9 years, 9 months ago by SydBeatle
Hahaha, yeah, I just used to throw all my string in like, an art box, and it would take me forever to untangle everything! 😛
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
9 years, 9 months ago by TFK19
Yeah I do use bobbins for some of my thread but i also have a ton in a bin and, in the words of another user, "pray that they don't get tangled" 🙂 haha also I sometimes keep it in the packaging it came in because that seems to keep it untangled. (I usually buy like the bi packs of different colors)
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
Sorry *big
cass123
Professional
cass123
Thanks guys!
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
No problem 🙂
Margaron
Margaron
9 years, 9 months ago by Margaron
I hate bobbins :/ I just find that they're deceiving to look at and try and figure out how much string is on there. I leave my strings as I get them. I keep them in the original packaging for a while but eventually all strings end up in a freezer bag, which I like because I can see without digging much, what colours are in there and how much of it there is. Yes, it gets knotted sometimes but usually nothing too bad. I've been untying bracelet mistakes for almost 10 years, anything that comes out of the bag is nothing I haven't seen and conquered before! lol
cass123
Professional
cass123
ugh I hate that! I was trying to cut string for a bracelet last night and ran out of string on the bobbin by about 4 inches!
stephhenry
Advanced
stephhenry
8 years, 9 months ago by stephhenry
Definetly bobbins. Plastic. Cardboard will rip within the first skein of string. Plastic will last a while
Taro101
Bracelet King
Taro101
8 years, 9 months ago by Taro101
I store used string on bobbins and put them in a case I put the extra full skeins in a random box. Too lazy to organize them all
Mariaopr
Skiller
Mariaopr
8 years, 9 months ago by Mariaopr
I keep them as they
Mariaopr
Skiller
Mariaopr
8 years, 9 months ago by Mariaopr
* I keep my string as I get them
emijem30
Bracelet King
emijem30
8 years, 9 months ago by emijem30
I've started using bobbins because just leaving it in skiens it got too messy, but I still have tonnes ( over 250+ ) that I need to wind onto bobbins so at the moment I only have one medium box with bobbins but it works so much better than skiens already
LuckyJinks
Professional
LuckyJinks
7 years, 9 months ago by LuckyJinks
I really just keep all my string in ziploc bags according to color. And then all the bags are kept in one box. Not very fancy but it gets the job done! I always got impatient with bobbins and never wanted to keep buying them as I have a lot of string!
mreadey
Professional
mreadey
7 years, 9 months ago by mreadey
I have my bobins in a craft box like most people said. but then i also have a drawer full of unused skeins waiting for space to open up in my box
lilyp101
Professional
lilyp101
7 years, 9 months ago by lilyp101
I keep mine in one popcorn tin can that you get at Christmas.